Class 7 Important Questions for Science – Forests : Our Lifeline
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science is very important resource for students preparing for VII Board Examination. Here we have provided NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 7.
Question from very important topics are covered by NCERT Exemplar Class 7. You also get idea about the type of questions and method to answer in your Class 7th examination.
Here you can get Class 7 Important Questions Science based on NCERT Text book for Class VII. Science Class 7 Important Questions are very helpful to score high marks in board exams. Here we have covered Important Questions on Forests : Our Lifeline for Class 7 Science subject.
Science Important Questions Class 7 are given below.
Multiple Choice Questions
- Which of the following serve as green lungs?
- (a) Green pigment of the plants
- (b) Forests
- (c) Kitchen gardens
- (d) Green house gases
- Boojho visited a forest near his town with his classmates and his teacher. As they were entering the forest, their class teacher told them not to make noise in the forest as noise could disturb the
- (a) birds
- (b) animals
- (c) both birds and animals
- (d) plants
- Which among the following forest animals is the smallest?
- (a) Fox
- (b) Boar
- (c) Bison
- (d) Porcupine
- Which of the following has the strongest stem?
- (a) A tree
- (b) A creeper
- (c) A climber
- (d) A bush
- Which of the following is not prepared from the wood obtained from forest?
- (a) Paper
- (b) Thermocol
- (c) Matchsticks
- (d) Plywood
- Which of the following is not the name of a tree?
- (a) Teak
- (b) Sal
- (c) Porcupine
- (d) Kachnar
- Pick the option which gives the names of a tree and an animal, respectively from the following.
- (a) semal, hornbill
- (b) sal, khair
- (c) chinkara, blue bull
- (d) neem, palash
- Which of the products is not obtained from a forest?
- (a) Honey
- (b) Catechu
- (c) Gum
- (d) Ginger
- The branchy part of a tree above the stem is known as
- (a) crown
- (b) canopy
- (c) sapling
- (d) humus
- Forests are not responsible for
- (a) providing medicinal plants.
- (b) maintaining the flow of water into the streams.
- (c) creating flood conditions.
- (d) absorbing rainwater and maintaining water table.
Very Short Answer Type Questions
- Paheli while moving in a forest observed that there was no noise pollution, though lots of heavy vehicles were passing from the nearby highway. Explain why?
- State whether the following statements are true or false. If false, give the correct statement.
- (a) Forests influence climate, water cycle and air quality.
- (b) In a forest, trees form the uppermost layer, followed by herbs. The shrubs form the lowest layer of vegetation.
- (c) The forest keeps on growing and changing and can regenerate.
- (d) Forests protect the soil from erosion.
- Paheli wrote a food chain in the following way:
frog→ eagle→ insects → grass → snake
The chain is not in the correct order. Help her to write the food chain correctly.
Short Answer Type Questions
- Give names of any four birds which you expect to see in a forest.
- Two friends shared their experiences of their vacation trip to two different forests. Do you think they would have seen the same type of plants and animals during their respective trips? Give reason.
- “A bunch of seedlings were seen sprouting on a heap of animal dropping in a forest.” How do you think is the seedling benefited from the animal dung?
- Match Column I with Column II
- Deforestation may lead to floods. Why?
- Name any four useful products other than wood, which we get from forests.
Long Answer Type Questions
- Write any three activities going on in the forest on the basis of this figure.
- People say that nothing goes waste in a forest. Can you explain, how?
- Give any four factors which are responsible for the destruction of forests.
- Draw a figure showing two animals, two birds and a few trees as a part of a forest.
- All the needs of animals living in a forest are fulfilled. Justify this statement in a few sentences.
- “Forests are our lifeline.” Write five sentences on this topic.
|« Previous||Next »|
Answers to Multiple Choice Questions
|1. (b)||2. (c)||3. (d)||4. (a)|
|5. (b)||6. (c)||7. (a)||8. (d)|
|9. (a)||10. (c)|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.