The Central Board of Secondary Education will be conducting the National Informatics Olympiad in collaboration with the Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS), Mumbai, across the country and abroad. The examination for the same will take place in two stages. All the students of Classes VIII to XII studying in schools affiliated to CBSE as well as other Boards in the country can give this examination.
Zonal Informatics Olympiad, 2019 (ZIO-2019) and Zonal Computing Olympiad, 2019 (ZCO-2019)
The first stage examination consisting of the Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) will be a written examination which will test the aptitude of the students, their logical competence, problem-solving skills, and critical thinking. The second stage is called the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI). The candidates who will qualify in the first stage examination as per the norms prescribed by the selection committee will appear in the second stage examination which will be based on programming skills.
|Online registration for both ZIO-2019 and ZCO-2019||27 Sep – 31 Oct 2018|
|ZIO-2019 Exams||18 Nov 2018|
|ZCO-2019 Exams||02 Dec 2018|
Register online on the TCS iON Digital Hub for the Indian Computing Olympiad website or through the direct link given below.
- Application form for ZIO and ZCO has been released. Apply Now
- Guidelines to fill the Application form is available. Check here.
Note: Registration will be the first step to get admission. A candidate has to get himself/herself registered as soon as he thinks of appearing for this exam.
- Register online on the TCS iON Digital Hub for the Indian Computing Olympiad. You need to first register within the Digital Hub. Click on “Guidelines” for details.
- There will be a required registration fee which should be paid online (internet banking, debit card, credit card).
- After paying the fee, you will receive an acknowledgment by email/SMS. An activation code for the Digital Hub will be sent to the registered email address within 24 hours. This will be needed to access the practice test (see below).
- A student can register until the last week of October 2018.
- Admit cards will be available through the Digital Hub approximately 10 days before the exam.
- Bulk registration will only be available for registering 10 or more participants at the same time
- Download the spreadsheet template and fill in the candidate details. Please ensure that you enter a valid email address and contact phone number for each student. Notifications will be sent via these channels. There will be a sample template provided on the official website.
- Submit the completed spreadsheet by email.
- There will be a registration fee per student. The fee should be paid through a Demand Draft in the name of Indian Association for Research in Computing Science, payable in Mumbai.
- Make a single consolidated Demand Draft for the entire registration fee and send it by Speed Post or courier to the following address:
Prof. Madhavan Mukund
Attn: ZIO 2018 Bulk Registration
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri
Phone: (044) 6748 0900
- Each candidate must also register online on the TCS iON Digital Hub for the Indian Computing Olympiad. This will be required to download the Admit Card and also to access the Practice Tests for ZIO-2019.
- A separate acknowledgement will be sent when the registration fee payment is received. An activation code for the Digital Hub will be sent to the registered email address within 24 hours. This will be needed to access the practice test.
- A student can register himself/herself till the last week of October 2018.
- Admit cards will be available through the Digital Hub approximately 10 days before the exam
Centres for ZCO-2019 will be arranged in the following cities.
- Allahabad, Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Goa, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Tiruchi, Trivandrum, Varanasi. Visakhapatnam.
Given below are some points which should be kept in mind when a candidate will go to the examination center:
When the candidates go to the examination center to write the examination, they should carry with them a bonafide certificate with their photograph attested by the Principal of their school. Since no Roll Number will be allotted to candidates, they have to write their name, class, school’s name with address and center name in the answer sheet and information sheet provided to them.
Important: Please note that CBSE will not reimburse expenses incurred by the school on travel or accommodation of the students to participate in the first stage of the Olympiad.
List of students who have qualified for INOI-2018 through ZIO and ZCO 2018 has been published on the official website. Candidates can check the result through the direct links which will be provided below.
Previous Year Question Paper
Question Papers from previous years and other training details are available at the Olympiad website for which links are given below.
- CBSE National Informatics Olympiad 2015 Question Papers and Solutions
- CBSE National Informatics Olympiad 2012 Question Papers and Solutions
- CBSE National Informatics Olympiad 2011 Question Papers and Solutions
- CBSE National Informatics Olympiad 2010 Question Papers and Solutions
Official Website: cbse.nic.in