GGet here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 4. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
Question 1: How do archaeologists know that cloth was used in the Harappan civilisation?
Answer: Archaeologists have found spindles from the excavation sites. Presence of spindles shows that people knew how to make cloths. This shows that people in the Harappan Civilization used cloth.
Question 2: Match Columns
|Column I||Column II|
- Copper: Rajasthan
- Gold: Karnataka
- Tin: Afghanistan
- Precious stones: Gujarat
Question 3: Why were metals, writing, the wheel, and the plough important for the Harappans?
Answer: Metals, writing, the wheel and the plough were important for the Harappans in many ways.
- Metals were used for making various tools, utensils, jewelry and seals.
- Writing was useful for maintaining the records; related to trade and for various other purposes.
- The wheel was used in carts to ferry people and goods. Wheel was also used as potter’s wheel.
- Plough was used for tilling the land so that farming could be done.
Question 4: Make a list of all the terracotta toys shown in the lesson. Which do you think children would have enjoyed playing with the most?
Answer: Animal figures, model cart and plough are some of the terracotta toys mentioned in this lesson. I think, children would have liked playing with the model cart the most. Even today; most of the children enjoy playing with toy cars.
Question 5: Make a list of what the Harappans ate, and put a tick mark against the things you eat today.
Answer: The people of Harappa ate various kinds of grains (rice, wheat, barley, pulses, mustard, etc.), fruits (ber), fish, meat and milk. Most of these things we eat even today. At present; we eat rice, wheat, pulses, fish, meat and milk. Barley is used barely by us.
Question 6: Do you think that the life of farmers and herders who supplied food to the Harappan cities was different from that of the farmers and herders you read about in Chapter 3? Give reasons for your answer.
Answer: In chapter 3; discussion is mainly on rural people. But in this chapter, the discussion is mainly on urban people. In both the cases; farmers and herders did the same type of work. But their group was much bigger in case of the Harappan cities. Their work could have been more organized; compared to what it was in earlier societies. Farmers and herders (in previous chapter) mainly produced for their own use. But in case of the Harappan cities; the farmers and herders sold their surplus production.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects