Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 6. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
Question / Answer 1: State whether true or false:
- Rajas who let the ashvamedha horse pass through their lands were invited to the sacrifice. [True]
- The charioteer sprinkled sacred water on the king. [False]
- Archaeologists have found palaces in the settlements of the janapadas. [False]
- Pots to store grain were made out of Painted Grey Ware. [False]
- Many cities in mahajanapadas were fortified. [False]
Question 3: Who were the groups who could not participate in the assemblies of the ganas?
Answer: Women, shudras and kammakaras were not allowed to participate in the assemblies of the ganas.
Question 4: Why did the rajas of mahajanapadas build forts?
Answer: Building a fort served many purposes. Some of them are as follows:
- It was a way to show off the might of the raja.
- A fort made a city more secure.
- A fortified city was easier to manage.
Question 5: In what ways are present-day elections different from the ways in which rulers were chosen in janapadas?
Answer: In modern days; rulers are chosen through popular vote. But in the janapadas, a ruler was not chosen rather a person was supposed to show his supremacy to become the ruler. To do so, the raja had to perform the ashwadeha yajna so that other rajas in the mahanjanapada would accept his supremacy.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects