Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 8. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
Question 2: Complete the following sentences:
a. Officials collected ———————— from the area under the direct control of the ruler.
b. Royal princes often went to the provinces as ———
c. The Mauryan rulers tried to control ———————— and ———————— which were important for transport.
Answer: roads, rivers
d. People in forested regions provided the Mauryan officials with ————————
Answer: Elephants, timber, honey, wax
Question / Answer 3: State whether true or false:
- Ujjain was the gateway to the north-west. [False]
- Chandragupta’s ideas were written down in the Arthashastra. [True]
- Kalinga was the ancient name of Bengal. [False]
- Most Ashokan inscriptions are in the Brahmi script. [True]
Question 4: What were the problems that Ashoka wanted to solve by introducing dhamma?
Answer: Mindless rituals and sacrifices were the norm during Ashoka’s period. People did not have respect for other religions. People ill treated servants and slaves. By introducing dhamma; Ashoka wanted to solve these problems.
Question 5: What were the means adopted by Ashoka to spread the message of dhamma?
Answer: Ashoka used the means of communicating with his people to spread the message of dhamma. His messages were inscribed on stone pillars so that people could read them. Officials were instructed to spread his message and to read out inscriptions for those who could not read. Ashoka used Prakrit and local languages so that common people could understand his messages.
Question 6: Why do you think slaves and servants were ill-treated? Do you think the orders of the emperor would have improved their condition? Give reasons for your answer.
Answer: People usually view their servants and slaves are inferior. Hence, servants and slaves were ill-treated. Ashoka’s orders may have had some effect because he was a powerful king. Moreover, his messages must have helped in improving people’s awareness about that issue. This may also have helped in improving the situation.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects