Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 10. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
Question 1: Match the following:
|Column I||Column II|
|Lords of the dakshinapatha||Buddhacharita|
|Xuan Zang||Cholas, Cheras and Pandyas|
- Muvendar: Cholas, Cheras and Pandyas
- Lords of the dakshinapath: Satavahana rulers
- Ashvaghosha: Buddhacharita
- Bodhisattvas: Mahayana Buddhism
- Xuan Zang: Chinese pilgrim
Question 2: Why did kings want to control the Silk Route?
Answer: The kings wanted to control the Silk Route to protect the traders. This was done with the aim of ensuring a flourishing trade. The flourishing trade could ensure good tax collection and collection of tributes. Hence, the kings wanted to control the Silk Route.
Question 3: What kinds of evidence do historians use to find out about trade and trade routes?
Answer: Historians look for various items of trade. If a particular item comes out to be from a distant land, this shows the existence of trade relations with that part of the world. Historians also look for coins which tell a lot about history. Historians also look into accounts of traders and pilgrims.
Question 4: What were the main features of Bhakti?
Answer: Following are the main features of Bhakti:
- This was the result of people’s struggle to free the religion from control of the priests.
- A person was free to choose his ways and means to worship a god.
- Pure devotion to a deity was most important aspect.
- Any object could be used as a symbol of the god.
Question 5: Discuss the reasons why the Chinese pilgrims came to India.
Answer: The Chinese pilgrims were mainly interested in exploring about Buddha and Buddhism. Hence, they came to India.
Question 6: Why do you think ordinary people were attracted to Bhakti?
Answer: The Bhakti movement gave freedom of choice to ordinary people. They could worship any god by any method they wished. There was no need for elaborate rituals. The temple was no longer the only place of worship. Easier rules attracted people to Bhakti.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects