Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 11. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
Question / Answer 1: State whether true or false:
- Harishena composed a prashasti in praise of Gautamiputra Shri Satakarni. [False]
- The rulers of Aryavarta brought tribute for Samudragupta. [False]
- There were twelve rulers in Dakshinapatha. [True]
- Taxila and Madurai were important centres under the control of the Gupta rulers. [False]
- Aihole was the capital of the Pallavas. [False]
- Local assemblies functioned for several centuries in south India. [True]
Question 2: Mention three authors who wrote about Harshavardhana.
Answer: Banbhatta, Ravikirti, Xuan Zang
Question 3: What changes do you find in the army at this time?
Answer: Some of the kings continued to maintain a well organized army. A new trend also emerged during this period. Some military leaders maintained an army and provided the army to the king when required. Such military leaders did not get salary. But they got grants in the form of land. They also got the right to collect land revenue. The revenue was utilized to maintain the soldiers, horses and battle equipments. Such military leaders were known as samanthas. When a ruler became weak, a Samantha tried to become independent.
Question 4: What were the new administrative arrangements during this period?
Answer: New Administrative Arrangements:
- There was no single ruler who was enough powerful to have total control over the Indian subcontinent. Kings usually made power-sharing agreements with local powerful people.
- Some posts were made hereditary. This meant that the son got a particular post after the death of this father./li>
- There were many instances when a single person held many posts.
- Many important men exercised authority in local administration.
Question 5: What do you think Arvind would have to do if he was acting as Samudragupta?
Answer: Arvind needs to become brave. He also needs to develop a keen interest in music and painting.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects