|ANTHE'18 for Class 8, 9, 10. 100% Scholarship. Cash Rewards.||Apply Now!|
Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 12. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Social Science: Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
Question 1: Match the following
|Column I||Column II|
|Stupa||Place where the image of the deity is installed|
|Mandapa||Circular path around the stupa|
|Garbhagriha||Place in temples where people could assemble|
- Stupa: Mound
- Shikhara: Tower
- Mandapa: Place in temples where people could assemble
- Garbhagriha: Place where the image of the deity is installed
- Pradakshina patha: Circular path around the stupa
Question 2: Fill in the blanks:
a. ———————— was a great astronomer.
b. Stories about gods and goddesses are found in the ————————
c. ———————— is recognised as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
d. ———————— and ———————— are two Tamil epics.
Answer: Silappadikaram, Manimekalai
Question 3: Make a list of the chapters in which you find mention of metal working. What are the metals objects mentioned or shown in those chapters?
Answer: Chapters 4, 8 and 9 mention metal working. Various metal tools have been mentioned; like ploughshare, sickle, axe and sword. Ploughshare and sickle were used in farming. Axe was used for chopping wood. Sword was used in battle.
Question 4: Read the story on page 130 (NCERT Book). In what ways is the monkey king similar to or different from the kings you read about in Chapters 6 and 11?
Answer: The monkey king shows some similarities and some differences with human kings. While many kings assumed grand titles, the monkey king did not have such title. Most of the kings took good care of their subjects. The monkey king shows the same mindset.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects