Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics Chapter 4. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science Civics subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – Civics
Chapter: Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
Question 1. How would Maya’s life be different in South Africa today?
Answer: Today, South Africa is a free nation. The apartheid law is dead in this country. There is no more discrimination on the basis of skin colour. So, Maya can enjoy equal status in today’s South Africa. She no longer has to suffer the insult of being treated as second class citizen.
Question 2. What are the various ways in which people participate in the process of government?
Answer: People can participate in the process of government through many ways. Some of them are as follows:
- Through popular elections
- By staging mass protests
- By participating in debates on television
- By writing on social media
- By writing letters to editors
Question 3. Why do you think we need the government to find solutions to many disputes or conflicts?
Answer: Conflicts between to social groups can turn into ugly form if people are left on their own. If the government does not intervene, the situation may turn violent. So, the government needs to find solution to such conflicts. This is necessary to prevent violence and to maintain peace.
Question 4. What actions does the government take to ensure that all people are treated equally?
Answer: The government takes following actions to ensure equality:
- The Constitution considers all citizens as equal. There is no difference on the basis of religion, caste, gender or economic status.
- People from backward sections of the society are given reservation in government jobs and educational institutions. This facility has been given to help them improve their social status.
- Any act of discrimination against the untouchables is a punishable offence.
Question 5. Read through the chapter and discuss some of the key ideas of a democratic government. Make a list. For example, all people are equal
- All citizens as equal.
- There is no difference on the basis of religion, caste, gender or economic status.
- People from backward sections of the society are given reservation to help them improve their social status.
- Discrimination against the untouchables is a punishable offence.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics All Chapters
- Civics Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Civics Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Civics Chapter 3 – What is Government
- Civics Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Civics Chapter 5 – Panchayati raj
- Civics Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
- Civics Chapter 7 – Urban Administration
- Civics Chapter 8 – Rural Livelihoods
- Civics Chapter 9 – Urban Livelihoods
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science Civics helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects