Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics Chapter 6. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science Civics subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 6 – Rural Administration provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – Civics
Chapter: Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
Question 1. What is the work of the police?
Answer: Few common work of police are given below.
- Maintenance of law and order
- Investigation of crime or dispute
- Taking the help of court to settle a dispute
Question 2. List two things that the work of a Patwari includes.
Answer: Patwari performs the following tasks
- Maintenance of land records
- Collection of land revenue
Question 3. What is the work of a tehsildar?
Answer: Work of tehsildar is given below.
- Hearing the disputes related to land
- Supervising the work of Patwari
- Ensuring that farmers can easily obtain land record
Question 4. What issue is the poem trying to raise? Do you think this is an important issue? Why?
Answer: The poem is trying to raise the gender-based discrimination when it comes to inheritance of property. Traditionally, all the sons get inheritance in property but daughters are debarred from it.
This is an important issue because women also work equally in the farm. But they seldom get ownership of the farm.
Question 5. In what ways are the work of the Panchayat, that you read about in the previous chapter, and the work of the Patwari related to each other?
Answer: Patwari maintains land record, while Panchayat looks after local needs. A panchayat also needs land record, when construction of road or drainage or installation of hand-pump needs to be carried out. Moreover, many land disputes can be easily settled at the Panchayat itself. Thus, both Patwari and Panchayat need to cooperate with each other in their work.
Question 6. Visit a police station and find out the work that the police have to do to prevent crime and maintain law and order in their area especially during festivals, public meetings etc.
Answer: During festivals and public meetings the police takes following actions to prevent crime and to maintain law and order:
- Police personnel are put on duty for proper crowd management.
- Presence of police also sets some fear in the mind of criminals.
- Police helps people if someone is separated from family during religious festivals or public meetings.
Question 7. Who is in charge of all the police stations in a district? Find out.
Answer: In a district, the SP (Superintendent of Police) is in-charge of all the police stations. Individual police stations have their own Station House Officers (SHO).
Question 8. How do women benefit under the new law?
Answer: Under the new law, women also get a right on their ancestors’ property. This gives empowerment to the women.
Question 9. In your neighbourhood are there women who own property? How did they acquire it?
Answer: There are many women in my neighbourhood who own property. Some of them have got the property from their forefathers. Some others have bought the property from their earnings.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics All Chapters
- Civics Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Civics Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Civics Chapter 3 – What is Government
- Civics Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Civics Chapter 5 – Panchayati raj
- Civics Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
- Civics Chapter 7 – Urban Administration
- Civics Chapter 8 – Rural Livelihoods
- Civics Chapter 9 – Urban Livelihoods
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science Civics helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects