Daman & Diu National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Examination 2017 – 18: Daman & Diu National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Examination for the class VIII is to be held on November 2017. To participate in the Daman & Diu NMMS candidates have to fill the downloaded application form. Candidates can check the complete information of Daman & Diu NMMS 2017-20178 for class VIII application process, eligibility criteria other information through this page below.
Schedule for Daman & Diu NMMS 2017-2018 is given below.
|Last date for submission of application form||07 Sep 2017|
|Date of examination||05 Nov 2017|
The application forms can be downloaded directly from the official NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in) and also download the same from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the downloaded Application form.
- Application Process is over now!!
Note – Make sure that the admit card is not detached from the application form.
Application fee –
- General Students – Rs 75
- SC/ST Students – Rs 55
The student studying in class VIII and must have secured 55% marks (for general category) or 50% marks (for reserve category i.e. SC/ST/PH) in class VII. The annual income of the parents of the student appearing in the examination should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000/-( Rs one lac fifty thousand only) from all sources.
Admit card will be sent to the chief superintendent of the examination centre after allotting the roll numbers. Candidate can collect the admit card from the centre superintendent of the examination centre at least one week before the examination.
The pattern of written examination will be as follows. The examination will comprise of two parts, namely –
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), This consists of 8 subject – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, History, Geography, Civics and Economics.
|Test Type||Marks||No. of Items||Duration (in minutes)|
Each question carries 1 mark.
All questions in the booklets are objective type.
Daman & Diu NMMS result 2017-2018 will be declared after the examination. Candidates can check the result after the examination from the official website of NCERT or link to check result will be available below.
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40% marks in each. For the reserved category this cut off will be 32% marks.
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 50% relaxation for SC/ST.