|ANTHE'18 for Class 8, 9, 10. 100% Scholarship. Cash Rewards.||Apply Now!|
The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India, which leads to participation of Indian students in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. This programme is one of the major initiatives undertaken by the NBHM. Its main purpose is to spot mathematical talent among pre-university students in the country.
Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO)
- West Bengal Regional Mathematics Olympiad (WBRMO)
- Delhi Regional Mathematics Olympiad (DRMO) – 2015
- Gujarat Regional Mathematics Olympiad (GRMO)
RMO 2018 – Regional Mathematics Olympiad
The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.
Apart from the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), in which India is participating since 1989, since 2015 also started participating in two more international Olympiad events: the Europen Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO) and Asia Pacific Mathematics Olympiad (APMO). The process for selection of students for participation in the events have been merged, taking into account the requirements of the individual tests.
RMO Imp Dates
- Each Regional Coordinator shall conduct the RMO in her/his region on October 7th, 2018.
- Final list of 30 top students plus the next 5 girl students will be sent by each regional co-ordinator to HBCSE by December 6, 2018
- HBCSE has announced the result of students eligible to appear for INMO 2018 from all regions by December 06, 2018.
- INMO exam will be held on January 20, 2019
|Registration of Schools / Colleges and their students||01 Jun – 03 Jul 2018|
|Registration of students only||20 Jun – 10 Jul 2018|
|Downloading of Admit Card by the Center in-charge||07 Aug 2018|
|Date of Examination||19 Aug 2018 between 10 am and 1 pm|
|Date of Result for all regions||18 Sep 2018|
|Date of Examination for all centres from Kerala and Kodugu||23 Sep 2018|
Result of RMO 2018 – Regional Mathematics Olympiad has been declared and Provisional scores for all regions can be availed. Candidates can check the same through the direct link which is provided below. To check the result, candidates have to enter their “Roll Number” and “Date of Birth”.
Result: Click Here to check the PRMO 2018 Result.
Note: All re-evaluation applications and related queries/request must be sent to the regional coordinator. No such requests will be entertained by HBCSE.
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) has released the answer key of PRMO 2018. Candidates can check the answer key through the direct link which is provided below.
Answer Key: Click Here to check the answer key of PRMO 2018.
Online Registration for PRMO 2018 – Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad is over now. Candidates are advised to must ensure their eligibility before applying online.
Application process is over now…!!!
All Indian students who are born on or after August 1, 1998 and, in addition, are in Class IX, X, and XI are eligible to appear for the PRMO 2018. Class XII students will not be eligible to appear for RMO/pre-RMO. Highly motivated and well prepared students from Class VIII may also take the RMO at the discretion of the Regional Coordinator. The Regional Coordinators may charge a nominal fee (not more than Rs. 200) to meet the expenses for organizing the contest.
For the purpose of training and selection of students for the Olympiad contest, 25 regions all over the country have been designated and each assigned a Regional Coordinator. Additionally, three groups (Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathana (KVS) have a ‘Regional Coordinator’ each.
Important Information concerning the Mathematics Olympiad Programme:
- Use of mobile phones, smartphones, ipads, calculators, programmable wrist watches is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Only ordinary pens and pencils are allowed inside the examination hall.
- The correction is done by machines through scanning. On the OMR Sheet, darken bubbles completely with a black pencil or a black or blue ball pen. Darken the bubbles completely only after you are sure of your answer; else, erasing may lead to the OMR sheet getting damaged and the machine may not be able to read the answer.
- The name, email address, and date of birth entered on the OMR sheet will be your login credentials for accessing your PRMO score.
- Incomplete/Incorrectly and carelessly filled information may disqualify your candidature.
- Each question has a one or two digit number as answer.
- The answer you write on OMR sheet is irrelevant. The darkened bubble will be considered as your final answer.
- Questions 1 to 6 carry 2 marks each; questions 7 to 21 carry 3 marks each; questions 22 to 30 carry 5 marks each.
- All questions are compulsory.
- There are no negative marks.
- Do all rough work in the space provided below for it. You also have blank pages at the end of the question paper to continue with rough work.
- After the exam, you may take away the Candidate’s copy of the OMR sheet.
- Preserve your copy of OMR sheet till the end of current Olympiad season. You will need it later for verification purposes.
- You may take away the question paper after the examination.
Question Paper & Answer Keys 2017
Question Paper & Answer Keys of RMO & PRMO 2017 has been provided below, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided.
- Check RMO Question Paper 2017
- Check RMO Answer Key 2017
- Check PRMO Answer Key 2017
- Check PRMO Question Paper 2017
For more information on RMO 2018 – Regional Mathematics Olympiad, click on the link, Information Brochure.