The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India, which leads to participation of Indian students in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. This programme is one of the major initiatives undertaken by the NBHM. Its main purpose is to spot mathematical talent among pre-university students in the country.
Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO)
- West Bengal Regional Mathematics Olympiad (WBRMO)
- Delhi Regional Mathematics Olympiad (DRMO) – 2015
- Gujarat Regional Mathematics Olympiad (GRMO)
RMO 2017 – Regional Mathematics Olympiad
The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.
Apart from the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), in which India is participating since 1989, since 2015 also started participating in two more international Olympiad events: the Europen Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO) and Asia Pacific Mathematics Olympiad (APMO). The process for selection of students for participation in the events have been merged, taking into account the requirements of the individual tests.
RMO Imp Dates
- Each Regional Coordinator shall conduct the RMO in her/his region on October 8th, 2017.
- Final list of 30 top students plus the next 5 girl students will be sent by each regional co-ordinator to HBCSE by November 30, 2017
- HBCSE has announced the result of students eligible to appear for INMO 2018 from all regions by December 07, 2017.
- INMO exam will be held on January 21, 2018
|Registration of Centres||20 May – 20 Jun 2017|
|Registration of Candidates||20 Jun – 25 Jul 2017|
|Downloading of Admit Card by the Center in-charge||01 Aug – 12 Aug 2017|
|Date of Examination||20 Aug 2017 between 10 am and 12.30 pm|
|Deadline for reevaluation application||15 Nov 2017 (5 pm)|
|Date of Result for all regions||07 Dec 2017|
Result of RMO 2017 – Regional Mathematics Olympiad has been declared and Provisional scores for ALL regions are available now. Candidates can check the same through the direct link which has been provided below.
Note: All reevaluation applications and related queries/request must be sent to the regional coordinator. No such requests will be entertained by HBCSE.
Question Paper & Answer Keys
Question Paper & Answer Keys of RMO & PRMO 2017 has been uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
- Check RMO Question Paper 2017
- Check RMO Answer Key 2017
- Check PRMO Answer Key 2017
- Check PRMO Question Paper 2017
Online Registration for PRMO 2017 – Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad is over now. Candidates are advised to must ensure their eligibility before applying online.
- Application process is over now…!!!
All Indian students who are born on or after August 1, 1998 and, in addition, are in Class IX, X, and XI are eligible to appear for the PRMO 2017. Class XII students will not be eligible to appear for RMO/pre-RMO. Highly motivated and well prepared students from Class VIII may also take the RMO at the discretion of the Regional Coordinator. The Regional Coordinators may charge a nominal fee (not more than Rs. 200) to meet the expenses for organizing the contest.
For the purpose of training and selection of students for the Olympiad contest, 25 regions all over the country have been designated and each assigned a Regional Coordinator. Additionally, three groups (Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathana (KVS) have a ‘Regional Coordinator’ each.
Important Information concerning the Mathematics Olympiad Programme:
- The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) which is in charge of the mathematical olympiad activity, has entrusted its implementation to the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) to be carried out in coordination with the MO-Cell and the National Coordinator appointed by NBHM, supervised by a Committee constituted by NBHM. All major policy decisions with regard to the Mathematical Olympiads programme are made with the concurrence of NBHM. The following MAJOR changes are announced this year.
- A pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO) exam will be held on August 20, 2017 at different centres all over India. In order to be eligible for the RMO it is mandatory that students qualify through this centrally administered PRMO. No other independently administered examinations will be recognized from this year onwards.
- Eligibility: All Indian students who are born on or after August 1, 1998 and, in addition, are in Class VIII, IX, X and XI are eligible to appear for the PRMO 2017.
- The PRMO will be a machine-correctable test of 30 questions. Each question has an answer which is a number with one or two digits. Sample PRMO questions and Sample OMR sheet showing marked answers can be downloaded from here.
- The PRMO exam will be organized this year by IAPT (the Indian Association of Physics Teachers), the same association that also organizes the National Standards Examination, which is the first step for participation in the International Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy and Junior Science olympiads. The website for PRMO is available at http://www.iapt.org.in/
- A link to a portal is available at the IAPT webpage where schools can register as centres; this portal will be open from May 20 to June 20, 2017. Any school with at least 5 registrations can register on the portal as a “registered centre”. However, the list of approved exam centres will be issued by IAPT. Students who register through a given school which is a registered centre may be re-assigned to another nearby exam centre.
- All Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and Atomic Energy Central Schools may register as registered centres regardless of the number of students.
- The list of registered centres will be available on the IAPT website from June 20, 2017.
- Students can approach one of the approved registered centres and through the centre register for the PRMO exam between June 20 and July 25, 2017 for a fee of Rs. 200. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has made its schools available as centres free of cost; for KV students there is a provision to register with payment of a fee of Rs. 100.
- A carbon copy of the answersheet (OMR) will be given to the student after the exam; students can check their answers as against the answers which will be uploaded on the HBCSE website.
- The top 300 students from each region will be eligible to write the Regional Mathematics Olympiad exam. For the KV, CBSE, JNV schools which have a countrywide coverage, the number to be selected is upto 5 per cent of the number of registrations or 300.
- Each regional co-ordinator (including the co-ordinators for the groups KV, CBSE and JNV) will receive the list of students eligible to write RMO by September 15th. Each Regional Co-ordinator shall conduct the RMO in her/his region on October 8th, 2017.
- Based on the RMO exam, the final list of 30 top students plus the next 5 girl students will be sent by each regional co-ordinator to HBCSE by November 30, 2017. This should be done after completing re-evaluation (provision for which is mandatory).
- HBCSE will announce the list of students eligible to appear for INMO 2018 from all regions by December 07, 2017.
- The INMO exam will be held on January 21, 2018 and will be conducted by each regional co-ordinator and the papers sent to HBCSE.
- The regional co-ordinators will be sent brochures/posters and will be requested to advertise the information on their webpages or homepages. As there are major changes, students will be unaware of these and the support of Regional co-ordinators in this regard is crucial.
- This is a preliminary announcement and more details will be announced and communicated to all regional co-ordinators in the next few days. Regional co-ordinators are requested to circulate the announcement and the weblink widely.
- A college / school CAN register students NOT belonging to them. Students are advised to register in their own college / school but may be his / her college / school is not opting to be a centre. You are hereby urged to enroll all such desirous students at your centre and oblige.
Kindly enroll students by collecting fees yourself. Issue the receipt for the fees collected. The fees are: 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) per student per subject. Last Date of Enrolment is 25thJuly 2017. Accept fees till this date. Kindly collect appropriate fees (as indicated above)
(We request all Registered Centre Coordinators to permit students in other schools in the neighbourhood to register through their centre, if the students’ own schools are not registered centres. We expect this number not to be large, and it will help IAPT immensely if the coordinators allow this. It is not possible for individual students to register directly for PRMO 2017.)