52nd IChO 2020: Registration for the 52nd IChO 2020 has already started and students can register themselves until June 01, 2020. The date of the theoretical examination has been changed. The International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) is a chemistry competition organized for students at secondary school level with the aim of promoting international contacts in chemistry. This exam is going to be conducted in the offline mode under human supervision. The result for the same will be declared on the official website. Scroll down to get more information about 52nd IChO 2020 from this page.
Latest: 52nd IChO 2020 Registration has been started. Scroll down to get the link .
52nd IChO 2020
The IChO is organized every year, as a rule at the beginning of July, in one of the Participating countries by the Education Ministry or an appropriate institution of the organizing country (hereafter referred to as the organizer).
|Online registration begins||01 Feb 2020|
|Deadline for Country Registration||01 Mar 2020|
|Deadline for Head mentor, mentor, observer and guest registration||15 May 2020|
|Deadline for student registration and Payment||01 Jun 2020|
|Deadline for online registration of all travel details||15 Jun 2020|
|Official arrival day||06 Jul 2020|
|Opening ceremony||07 Jul 2020|
|Practical exam day||9 Jul 2020|
|Theoretical exam day and Reunion Party|
|Graded papers will be sent to the countries||27 Jul 2020|
|Arbitration will be conducted. (Jury meeting II will be held if needed)||28 Jul 2020|
|The final results will be announced via an online closing ceremony||29 Jul 2020|
|Closing ceremony and Farewell Party|
|Official departure day|
52nd IChO 2020 Registration
An individual can not participate in ICHO 2020. Only the teams which are chosen through a national Chemistry Olympiad are invited to register themselves. Registration is organized through the head mentor for each country. The country receives the formal invitation by December. The registration data should be provided on time. If deadlines can not be adhered to, mentors should inform the organizers in time.
The host countries usually assist the teams to meet visa requirements. It has become a custom at the Olympiads that many countries make the problems of their respective national olympiads or selection exams available to mentors of other countries (translated or in the original language). This has been done via printouts, CD-ROMs or websites.
Apply here: Click here to register for ICHO 2020.
Participation fee: 3000 USD
Instructions for Candidates
Candidates are required to check the instruction that are given below:
- ICHO 2020 exam is going to be conducted on July 25, 2020 and the registration is accepted until 10 days before the examination.
- The timing of is between 12 – 5 which is according to Istanbul timings.
- It is pen and paper-based test which is conducted under human supervision.
- While taking the exam, it will be recorded by the supervisor and will be shared after the exam for review.
- The answer sheets will be scanned by the authorities.
- The results will be transparently announced according to the IChO rules.
- Marking by mentors and authors and arbitration are planned.
- We expect an online Closing Ceremony.
52nd IChO 2020 Correction & Marking scheme
- A maximum of 60 points is allocated to the theoretical tasks and 40 points to the practical tasks, making a total of 100 points.
- The competition tasks are corrected independently by the authors and by the mentors. Consequential marking should be used so that students are not punished twice for the same error. Both corrections are then compared, however, the authors present their evaluation first. After a discussion, the final score for each participant is reached and agreed upon by both sides. The organizer retains the original marked manuscripts.
- The International Jury discusses the results and decides on the final scores.
- In order to eliminate any doubts about possible mistakes in the processing of the results, the organizer must provide the mentors with a list of their students’ total results before the closing award ceremony.
52nd IChO 2020 Result
Official results of the competition and the number of medals awarded are decided by the International Jury. The number of gold medals awarded is in the range of 8% to 12%, silver 18% to 22%, and bronze medals 28% to 32% of the total number of competitors. The exact number of medals is decided on the basis of a blind review of the results. Each competitor receives a certificate of participation. Result for IChO 2020 will be published on the official website. Students have to go on the official website and check their results.
Details mentioned in the 52nd IChO 2020 Result:
- Overall Score
Previous year Result
Candidates can check the previous year result which was declared by the chair of the scientific committee from below.
- 2020 July 6-15, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2021 July 24 – August 2, Osaka, Japan
- 2022, Tianjin, China
- 2023, Zürich, Switzerland
- 2024, Saudi Arabia
- 2025, United Arab Emirates
Previous Year Problems with Solutions
The Competition Problem with their solution is given below.
- Volume 1 [1st – 20th IChO (1968-1988)]
- Volume 2 [21st – 40th IChO (1989-2008)]
- Volume 3 [41st – 45th IChO (2009-2013)]
Official Website for ICHo 2020 : icho2020.tubitak.gov.tr
Leave a Reply