Silver Nitrate, AgNO3
It is prepared by the action of dilute nitric acid on silver and then evaporating the solution to crystallization.
1. Action of heat
It decomposes on heating.
2. On coming into contact with organic matter like skin or clothes, it is reduced to finely – divided silver, giving a black stain.
3. Precipitation reactions
It gives precipitates with some salt solutions which help in the detection of acid radicals. Some of the precipitation reactions are:
It is used for
1. Preparing silver halides used in photography.
2. For making inks and hair dyes.
3. In qualitative and quantitative analysis.
4. For silvering of glass, i.e. preparation of mirrors.
|« Click Here for Previous Topic||Click Here for Next Topic »|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.