Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 3. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of English subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 3 – Taro’s Reward provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Chapter: Chapter 3 – Taro’s Reward
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 3 – Taro’s Reward
Answer the following questions.
1. Why did Taro run in the direction of the stream? (5)
2. How did Taro’s father show his happiness after drinking saké? (7)
3. Why did the waterfall give Taro saké and others water? (12)
4. Why did the villagers want to drown Taro? (10, 11)
5. Why did the Emperor reward Taro? (13)
1. Taro ran in the direction of the stream because he could not remember ever seeing or hearing a rushing stream in that part of the forest, and he was thirsty.
2. After drinking sake, Taro’s father stopped shivering and showed his happiness by doing a little dance in the middle of the floor.
3. Taro was a thoughtful son who honoured and obeyed his parents, while the others were greedy. This is why the waterfall gave Taro sake and others water.
4. The villagers wanted to drown Taro because they thought he had tricked them.
5. Taro honoured and obeyed his parents, so the emperor rewarded him.
Mark the right item.
1. Taro earned very little money because
(i) he didn’t work hard enough.
(ii) the villagers didn’t need wood.
(iii) the price of wood was very low.
2. Taro decided to earn extra money
(i) to live a more comfortable life.
(ii) to buy his old father some saké.
(iii) to repair the cracks in the hut.
3. The neighbour left Taro’s hut in a hurry because
(i) she was delighted with the drink.
(ii) she was astonished to hear Taro’s story.
(iii) she wanted to tell the whole village about the waterfall.
1. Taro earned very little money because − (iii) the price of wood was very low.
2. Taro decided to earn extra money − (ii) to buy his old father some saké.
3. The neighbour left Taro’s hut in a hurry because − (iii) she wanted to tell the whole village about the waterfall.
A. Strike off the words in the box below that are not suitable.Taro wanted to give his old parents everything they needed. This shows that he was …
Taro wanted to give his old parents everything they needed. This shows that he was… thoughtful, loving, considerate, kind.
1. “This made Taro sadder than ever.” ‘This’ refers to
(i) a strong wind that began to blow.
(ii) Taro’s father’s old age.
(iii) Taro’s inability to buy expensive saké for his father. (Mark the right item.)
2. “This, said the emperor, was to encourage all children to honour and obey their parents.” ‘This’ refers to
(i) the most beautiful fountain in the city.
(ii) rewarding Taro with gold and giving the fountain his name.
(iii) sending for Taro to hear his story. (Mark the right item.)
1. ‘This’ refers to (iii) Taro’s inability to buy expensive sake for his father.
2. ‘This’ refers to (ii) rewarding Taro with gold and giving the fountain his name.
Arrange the words below in pairs that rhyme.
young − lung
money − sunny
Young − Lung
Sad − Bad
Money − Sunny
Chop − Stop
Last − Fast
Wax − Axe
Could − Wood
Sound − Round
Way − Day
1. Fill in the blanks with words from the box.
A __________ woodcutter lived on a _______________ hillside. He was a ___________ son who worked ___________________ but earned ________________ money. One day he saw
a __________________ waterfall hidden behind a rock. He tasted the water and found it _________________.
2. Find these sentences in the story and fill in the blanks.
(i) This made Taro ___________________ than ever. (3)
(ii) He decided to work ___________________ than before. (3)
(iii) Next morning, Taro jumped out of bed ___________________ than usual. (4)
(iv) He began to chop even ____________________. (4)
(v) Next morning, Taro started for work even _______________ than the morning before. (10)
1. A young wood cutter lived on a lonely hillside. He was a thoughtful son who worked hard but
earned little money. One day he saw a beautiful waterfall hidden behind a rock.
He tasted the water and found it delicious.
(i) This made Taro sadder than ever.
(ii) He decided to work harder than before.
(iii) Next morning, Taro jumped out of bed earlier than usual.
(iv) He began to chop even faster.
(v) Next morning, Taro started for work even earlier than the morning before.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English All Chapters
- Chapter 1 – Who Did Patrick’s Homework
- Chapter 2 – How the Dog Found Himself
- Chapter 3 – Taro’s Reward
- Chapter 4 – An Indian – American Woman in Space
- Chapter 5 – A Different Kind of School
- Chapter 6 – Who I Am
- Chapter 7 – Fair Play
- Chapter 8 – A Game of Chance
- Chapter 9 – Desert Animals
- Chapter 10 – The Banyan Tree
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 English helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects