UPSTSE (Uttar Pradesh Science Talent Search Examination) 2017 is the scholarship examination that is conducted by the Council of Science & Technology (UP). Govt. of U.P. is starting Science Scholarship Scheme to increase the interest of students in Science subjects. A total number of top 1000 students, selected from the merit list of each of the examinations will be chosen for the award of scholarship.
Candidates looking for UP Science Talent Search Examination can check all the details from this page given below. Candidates who are weak economically can apply for this scholarship. Any person who is in need of support from the Uttar Pradesh government to study higher education can also apply for this scheme.
About UPSTSE Scholarship Program 2017
- Govt. of U.P. is starting Science Scholarship Scheme to increase the interest of students in Science subjects.
- There will be two separate examinations, one based on class X syllabus and the other based on class XII syllabus.
- Top 1000 students from the merit list of examination based on class X syllabus will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 2000/- p.m. (Rupees two thousand only per month) each throughout their studies in class X, class XI or class XII as the case may be.
- Top 1000 students from the merit list of examination based on class XII syllabus will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 2000/- p.m. (Rupees two thousand only per month) in class XII, Rs. 3000/- per month for three years during their graduation studies in science stream and Rs. 4000/- per month during their studies in science stream of post-graduation studies.
- Students who are appearing for class X or class XII board examination in the year 2017 will get the full scholarship of Rs.24000 for the current academic year as well.
- Top three students from each of the merit lists of examination based on Class-X & Class-XII scholarship examination will get a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rs. 1.00 lac only), Rs. 75,000/- (Rs. seventy-five thousand only) and Rs. 50,000/- (Rs. fifty thousand only). The cash prize will be in addition to the scholarship awarded.
- Scholarships are for candidates who continue their studies within the state of Uttar Pradesh in Science stream only. U.P. Science Talent Search Examination will be conducted ‘Online’.
Notice: Candidate who has passed the 12th class in 2017, will be eligible for the scholarship program.
Schedule of UPSTSE 2017 is given below.
|Opening date for Submission of Online Application Form||15 Dec 2016|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||09 May 2017|
|Last date for Submission of Online Fee Payment||09 May 2017|
|Last date for Submission of Fee for Offline Payment through Fee Challan||10 May 2017|
|Date of Examination||30 & 31 May 2017|
Before starting the application process, the candidate must ensure that he/she meets the eligibility criteria of CST UP Science Talent Search Examination given below. Students who are studying in class X or class XI (Science Stream) can appear in scholarship examination based on class X syllabus. Students who are studying in class XII or Ist, IInd or third year of B.Sc can appear in scholarship examination based on class XII syllabus.
For Class X or Class X Passed Students
- Qualifying Degree: X Board from any board in UP or studying in Class X in UP
- Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive): Students studying in Class X or Passed Class X from any Board in UP who are intending to or have taken admission in Class XI in Science Stream in UP
- Description of Eligible Candidates: Studying in Class X in UP or in Class XI in UP
- Year of qualification cannot be later than 2017
For Class X or Class XII Passed Students
- Qualifying Degree: XII Board in Science Stream from any board in UP or studying in Class XII in UP
- Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive): Students studying in Science Stream of Class XII or Passed Class XII from any Board in UP who are intending to or have taken admission in three year Bachelor’s Degree course in Science Stream in UP
- Description of Eligible Candidates: Currently studying in Science Stream of Class XII in UP or in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of Bachelor’s Degree course in Science Stream in UP
- Year of qualification cannot be later than 2017
Certificate from Principal
Candidates have to submit a bonafide certificate from their school/college Principal certifying that the student is currently studying in the Science Stream of Class XI for the class X pass students and in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Year of three-year Bachelor Degree Course in Science in UP for the class XII pass students have to obtain one from his/her institution beforehand and upload the same during the online submission of the application form.
Structure of UPSTSE 2017 is given below.
Proposed Modalities of the test for Class X examination
- The test will be of two hours duration with a total number of 52 Multiple-choice (MCQ) and Numerical Answer type (NAT) questions from Mathematics and Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) of class X level. Whereas there will be negative marking for MCQ type questions, no negative marking will be there for the NAT questions. Each candidate will be provided with an individual console that will be connected to a secured LAN in the test centre.
Proposed Modalities of the test for class XII examination
- The test will be of two hours duration with a total number of 51 Multiple-choice (MCQ) and Numerical Answer type (NAT) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology subjects of class XII level. For the NAT-type questions, the students enter a number as their answer rather than choosing one of the four choices. The computer program used to evaluate the ONLINE paper will award marks to the candidate if the answer lies within a particular range specified by the paper setters. There is no negative marking for wrong answers to these questions.
- Whereas there will be no negative marking for the NAT questions, negative marking will be awarded for the MCQ type questions,. Candidates will be instructed to answer Physics and Chemistry sections compulsorily and select one among Mathematics and Biology. Other modalities will be the same as for the class X test.
UPSTSE Results & Score Card
UPSTSE results will be announced after the conduction of examination. After the declaration of the results, candidates can download their UPSTSE Score Card for the paper (for which he/she has taken the examination). Downloadable score cards will be available to only those candidates whose marks are equal to or above the qualifying marks in that paper.
About the Examination
CST UP Science Talent Search Examination is an examination within the state of Uttar Pradesh that is primarily intended to test the comprehensive understanding of the candidate of class X and Class XII level in Mathematics, Science (Physics and Chemistry) and/or Biology subjects. The score of this examination will be exclusively used for awarding the UP CST Scholarships, as mentioned above, to those qualified candidates who are currently studying or completed Class X or Class XII in Science Stream of any board in Uttar Pradesh and currently studying in the Science Streams within the State of Uttar Pradesh.