JEE Main 2018 – CBSE is conducting JEE Main 2018 on 8th April 2018 in offline mode, and on 15th and 16th April 2018 in online mode. Registration will begin on 1st December 2017. Eligible candidates can submit application form with fees in online mode at jeemain.nic.in until 1st January 2018. CBSE JEE Main has two Papers; Paper 1 is for BE / B.Tech admission and Paper 2 is for B.Arch / B.Plan admission. It is important to check eligibility criteria pertaining to age, attempts, year of qualifying exam, subjects studied. JEE Main 2018 Result / All India Rank will be used for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs. Also, those who obtain marks equal to or more than cut off can appear in JEE Advanced 2018 for admission to IITs. Get here complete details of JEE Main 2018 such as application form, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria.
- The JEE Main 2018 Application Form has been released at jeemain.nic.in. Candidates can apply now.
JEE Main 2018
JEE Main 2018 Application Form will be available from 1st December 2017. Last date to register is 1st January 2018. Application fee can be paid by credit card / debit card / challan. It is important to fill correct and verifiable details only in application form.
|Commencement of registration / application form submission||01 Dec 2017|
|Practise mock test will be available from||Dec 2017|
|Last date to apply||01 Jan 2018|
|Last date to pay application fee||02 Jan 2018|
|Offline pen and paper based JEE Main 2018 exam date||08 Apr 2018|
|Online computer based JEE Main 2018 exam date (expected)||15 and 16 Apr 2018|
|Answer key and scanned OMR will be displayed from||24 to 27 Apr 2018|
|Objections against answer key will be accepted from||24 to 27 Apr 2018|
|JEE Main Paper 1 Result will be announced on||30 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result of JEE Main Paper 2||31 May 2018|
You can also apply for
Those who select online mode of exam must also book test date and slot while filling application form only.
JEE Main 2018 Registration: Aadhaar Card Mandatory
- You will need Aadhaar Card to register for JEE Mains 2018.
- Exam conducting body has decided to use Aadhaar Card as per provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations. Also it results in better accuracy of candidate data and identification.
- You will enter Aadhaar bumber, name, date of birth and gender in online application for the purpose of identity and authentication.
- If you do not yet have Aadhaar, then you must enroll for it. Visit any Aadhaar enrolment center to enroll.
- However, if you have passed or are appearing class 12 exam from the states of JnK, Assam, Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided you select the city of examination in these states only.
Click here to read the complete notice.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018
It is important for the candidates to satisfy eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2018 given below.
Date of birth of applicant should be on or after October 1, 1993. SC, ST, PWD candidates get relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit.
(ii) Year of appearing in qualifying exam
Candidate must have either appeared for qualifying exam (class XII or equivalent) in 2016 or 2017, or will appear in 2018.
(iii) Subjects in Qualifying Examination
At least 5 subjects should have been studied in class XII or equivalent exam.
(iv) Number of Attempts
A candidate can appear for JEE Mains for maximum 3 times.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs
- You should have secured at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- For BE / BTech you should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- For B.Arch / B.Plan you should have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form
CBSE will release application form in online mode in from December 01, 2017. The official website where application form will be available is jeemain.nic.in.
Application Fee: The application fee for JEE Main 2018 is as follows.
|Papers Appearing For||Pen and Paper Based Exam||Computer based exam|
|Gen / OBC||SC / ST / PwD / All Girls||Gen / OBC||SC / ST / PwD / All Girls|
|Exam Center In India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||Rs 1000||Rs 500||Rs 500||Rs 250|
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2||Rs 1800||Rs 900||Rs 1300||Rs 650|
|Exam Center Outside India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||Rs 2500||Rs 1250||Rs 2500||Rs 1250|
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2||Rs 3800||Rs 1900||Rs 3800||Rs 1900|
Candidates will have to enter following details during registration:
- Aadhaar authentication – Nationality, state of eligibility, state from where passed or appearing class XII exam, Aadhaar number/enrolment number (or government identification number if you are from Assam, JnK, Meghalaya), the name of the candidate, DOB, gender.
- Examination details of JEE Main 2018 – Applying for, Mode of the exam, Choice of exam center (any 4), Question paper medium.
- Personal details – Name of mother and father, category, address.
- Academic details – Year of passing class X or equivalent, place of class XII exam schooling, year of passing class XII exam, the school board of class XII exam, roll number of class XII exam if allotted, the name of class XII exam, name, and address of the school.
- Contact details – Email ID, mobile number
- Guardian details – Qualification, occupation, annual income.
Application Form Correction
- CBSE may give a chance to edit application form.
- Application form correction of JEE Mains 2018, after last date of registration, will be available as per scheduled decided by CBSE. Dates will be announced in January.
- Only some particulars will be editable and not all. Therefore it is wiser to make sure while filling application form only that the details are correct and match documents.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018
There are two papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. We have explained the exam pattern for each Paper below.
- Admission – Paper 1 is for admission to UG engineering (BE / BTech) courses.
- Mode of the exam – Online and offline mode
- Question type – Multiple choice questions with single correct answer.
- Marking scheme – You get four (4) marks for every correct answer.
- Negative marking – One (1) mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- Duration of exam – You get 3 hours (4 hours for PWD) to attempt all questions.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
- Admission – Paper 2 is for admission to UG architecture and planning (BArch / BPlan) courses.
- Mode of exam – Offline mode only
- Question type – Part I and II have MCQs with single correct answer. Part III contains questions on drawing to be answered on a drawing sheet.
- Marking scheme – You get four (4) marks for every correct answer for MCQ.
- Negative marking – One (1) mark is deducted for every wrong answer for MCQ.
- Duration of exam – You get 3 hours. (4 hours for PWD).
- Drawing questions – (Syllabus not specified officially). Usually, questions are based on 2-dimensional drawing, forming an abstract figure by fusing these shapes, draw mirror image, the composition of 3D solids, lights and shadows, draw a scene.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
|Mathematics – Part I||30||120|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||50||200|
|Drawing Test – Part III||2||70|
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus
Candidates may have a look at the syllabus from the PDF below:
Books Recommended for JEE Mains 2018
|Physics 39 Years Solved Papers||Buy Online|
|Chemistry 39 Years Solved Papers||Buy Online|
|Mathematics 39 Years Solved Papers||Buy Online|
|Steps to Architecture Exam Guide||Buy Online|
JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
There will be a single question paper each of JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 and Paper 2. However, there will be 4 sets of each paper for offline exams. For the online exams, The Board will design a different set of questions for each shift.
Question paper of JEE Main 2018 will be published after the exam for offline as well as online exams. Those who appear in the exam can use it to check keys. Also, those who appear in future JEE Mains exams can use it to prepare for the exam.
You can use past year question papers to prepare for JEE Main 2018.
|2017 – JEE Main Question Paper With Solutions||2016 – JEE Main Question Paper With Solutions||2015 – JEE Main Question Paper With Solutions|
Exam Centres of CBSE JEE Main 2018
- CBSE is conducting JEE Main 2018 in overall 258 cities listed here.
- Last year, the Board established the centres in only 113 cities. Number of cities has increased by 145.
- There are a total of 10 centres outside India.
- You can select four (4) cities in order of preference at time of filling the application form.
- CBSE will allocate one centre, depending upon preference and availability.
- The Board will convey the address of exam centre through the admit card.
- Candidates will not get the provision to change in the exam centre.
JEE Main 2018 Preparation
To prepare for the Joint Entrance Examination Main, you need to start with knowing the syllabus and exam pattern. Once you know these, strategize well to complete syllabus on time and focus your preparation on developing speed and accuracy. Following points are relevant to JEE Mains 2018 preparation in last few months.
- Calculations: Do calculations by yourself while solving questions. This will help in improving speed.
- Practice: Solve at least 15-20 multiple choice questions, each, of physics, chemistry, mathematics.
- Past year papers: Solve at least past 5 year question papers. Attempt the papers in a timed manner.
- Get help: If there is any topic you are yet to understand, do that first so that you have at least a basic understanding of that topic now before exam.
- Stay positive: Surround yourself with people who have a good influence on you. Stay motivated!
Given below is past year analysis subject wise, with chapter wise number of questions. This will help you understand chapterwise weightage.
However, keep in mind that this changes every year.
Therefore you should focus on preparing all chapters rather than focusing only on high weightage chapters as per analysis.
Physics – Important Chapters
Chemistry – Important Chapters
Mathematics – Important Chapters
Difficulty Level of exam
There is always some variation in difficulty level. Considering various factors (such as how many questions are from standard XI and XII textbooks, paper length, issues faced by students in answering them) it can be said that CBSE JEE Main is a moderately tough exam. Nevertheless, competition is very high to get into the top colleges.
JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card of JEE Main 2018 will be available in March 2018 for all the registered candidates.
- The admit card can be download by entering the Application Number and Date of Birth.
- Admit card if JEE Mains is an important document and the candidates must carry it to the exam hall.
- The candidates, who will be appearing on Paper 2 can carry their own clipboard, geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Details available in admit card include roll number, exam center, exam timings, instructions for the exam.
- The candidates should inform errors in the admit card to CBSE. It is important that the candidates preserve their hall ticket until the end of the admission process.
JEE Main Answer Key 2018
- CBSE will publish answer key of JEE Main 2018 on April 24, 2018.
- Answer keys will be released for Paper 1 as well as Paper 2. Candidates will be able to estimate their score.
- Candidates will also be able to challenge answer keys. Challenge of keys can be done online by paying Rs. 1000 per objection.
- OMR responses recorded (in case of offline exam) and marked answers (in case of online exam) are published along with answer key. Candidates can also submit their grievances regarding answer keys and marked responses within a given timeline through jeemain.nic.in.
- CBSE will calculate the actual marks of the candidates on basis of the final official answer keys.
JEE Main Result 2018
- Firstly, CBSE will announce the result for JEE Main Paper 1 and then for JEE Main Paper 2.
- Candidates can check result of JEE Main 2018 at jeemain.nic.in.
- They have to login to check result indicating marks, and JEE Mains 2018 All India Rank.
- Only All India Rank is used for the purpose of admission. Whereas other ranks such as category rank are only for information purpose.
Marks vs Rank
Marks vs rank for JEE Main 2018 can be predicted as per last year data.
Counselling for JEE Main 2018
Technical institutes that will participate in counselling through JoSAA / CSAB include NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, IITs. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) holds a combined counselling for these institutes. Candidates who qualify in JEE Main 2018 / JEE Advanced 2018 and also fulfill eligibility condition for admission, can participate in counselling process. Here, you register and do choice filling (select seats in order of preference). JoSAA allots seats on basis of merit and preference.
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
For more information about JEE Main 2018 by CBSE, candidates can be downloaded
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.