Class 10 Social Science Consumer Rights – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Consumer Rights. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Consumer Rights.
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Consumer Rights
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Social Science Consumer Rights
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Consumer Rights from this article.
Rights which are provided by law
- Right to safety
- Right to be informed
- Right to choose
- Right to be heard
- Right to seek redressal
- Right to consumer education.
Factors causing exploitation of Consumers
- Limited information
- Limited supplies
- Limited competition
- Low literacy
Duties of Consumers
- To purchase quality marked products such as ISI, AGMARK etc.
- To ask for cash memo for the items purchased whenever possible.
- To make complaint for genuine grievances consumers must know their rights and must exercise them.
Demerits of Consumer Redressal Process
- The Consumer Redressal Process is becoming cumbersome expensive and time consuming.
- Many a time, consumers are required to engage lawyers. These cases require time for filling and attending the court proceedings etc.
- In most purchases cash memos are not issued hence evidence is not easy together.
- Most purchases in the market are small retail sales.
- The enforcement of laws that protect workers, especially in the unorganised sectors is weak.
- Rules and regulations for working of markets are often not followed.
Consumer Protection Act – 1986 (COPRA)
- To protect and promote the interest of consumers.
- Under COPRA a three-tier quasi-judicial machinery at the district, state and national levels is set up for redressal of consumer disputes.
- The district level court deals with the cases involving claims upto Rs. 20 lakhs; The State level courts between Rs. 20 lakhs and Rs. 1 crore and the national level court deals with cases involving claims exceeding Rs. 1 crore.
1. Mention the Rights to consumers and write two sentences on each.
2. Explain the factors which cause exploitation of consumers.
3. Describe some of your duties as consumers if you visit a shopping complex in your locality.
4. Mention the demerits of consumer redressal process.
5. Explain Consumer Protection Act – 1986.
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.
CBSE Notes for Class 10 Social Science Maths Notes Science Notes English Notes
Leave a Reply