Class 10 Social Science Lifelines of National Economy – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Lifelines of National Economy. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Lifelines of National Economy.
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Lifelines of National Economy
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Social Science Lifelines of National Economy
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Lifelines of National Economy from this article.
India has one of the largest road networks in the world. Its importance can be viewed.
- Construction cost of roads is much lower.
- Roads can traverse comparatively more dissected and undulating topography.
- Roads can negotiate higher gradients of slope & as such can traverse mountains.
- It is economical.
- It provides door to door services.
- It is used as feeder to other modes of transport.
Golden Quadrilateral Super Highways
- The Govt. has launched a major road development project linking DelhiKolkata-Chennai-Mumbai & Delhi by six-lane super highways.
- The North-South corridors linking Srinagar [Jammu & Kashmir] & Kanyakumari [T.N.] & East-West Corridor Connecting silcher (Assam) & Porbander (Gujarat). The major objective of these super highways is to reduce time & distance.
- The distribution pattern of the railway network in the country has been largely influence by physiographic, economic and administrative factors.
- The Himalyan mountains regions are unfavourable for the construction of railway lines due to high relief sparse population & each of economic opportunities.
- The northern plains provide most favourable condition having high population density.
- Rivers also create problem for lay down of railway tracts.
Pipelines transport network is a new arrival on the transportation map of India. Its initial cost is high but subsequent running costs are minimal. It is used for transporting crude oil, petroleum product & natural gas.
- Oil field in Assam to Kanpur (U.P.), via Guwahati, Barauni & Allahabad.
- From Salaya in Gujarat to Jalandhar. In Punjab via Viramgam, Mathura, Delhi & Panipat.
- Gas pipelines from Hazira in Gujarat connects Jagdishpur in UP via Vijaypur in Madhya Pradesh.
International Trade :
- The exchange of goods among people; states & countries is referred to as trade. Trade between two countries is called International Trade.
- Exports and imports are the components of trade. The balance of a trade of a country is the difference b/w its export and import.
- When the value of exports exceeds the value of imports, it is called favourable balance of trades.
Tourism as a Trade
Tourism has proved itself as one of the most important. aspect of trade.
Tourism in India has grown substantially. It helps as
- Promotion of National Integration.
- Provide support to local handicrafts
- Provides support to cultural pursuits.
- Development of international understanding about our culture and heritage.
1. Critically examine how roadways are more imp. than railways.
2. What is the importance of super-highways in our national economy.
3. Describe the factors affecting the distribution of Railway network.
4. What are merits and demerits of pipelines?
5. Explain the three important network of pipelines in India.
6. What do you mean by balance trade? taking into account India’s trade?
7. Suggest some measures to promote tourism in India?
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.