Class 12 Business Studies Marketing – Get here the Notes for Class 12 Business Studies Marketing. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 12 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 12 Business Studies study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 12 Business Studies for topic Marketing.
- Class: 12th
- Subject: Business Studies
- Topic: Marketing
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 12 Business Studies Marketing
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 12 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 12 Business Studies Marketing.
Points to Remember
1. Market It refers to the ‘set of potential and actual buyers of a product or service’.
2. Customer It refers to the people or organisations that seek satisfaction of their needs and wants.
3. Marketer or Seller The marketer can be a person or organisation who make available the products or services and offer them to the customer with an intention of satisfying the customer with an intention of satisfying the customer needs and wants.
4. Marketing It is a social process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating. offering and freely exchanging products and services of value with others.
According to JF Pyle. “Marketing is that phase of business activity through which the human wants are satisfied by the exchange of goods and services.”
5. Features of Marketing
- Need and want
- Creating a market offering
- Customer value
- Exchange Mechanism
6. Marketing Management It means management of all the activities related to marketing or in other words we can say. it refers to planning, organising, directing and controlling the activities which result in exchange of goods and services. Marketing management involves following activities
- Choosing target market
- Growing customers in target market
- Creating superior value
7. Difference between Selling and Marketing The marketing and selling can be differentiated on the basis of
- Start and end
8. Marketing Management Philosophies
- Production concept
- Product concept
- Selling concept
- Marketing concept
- Societal concept
9. Objectives of Marketing Management
- Creation of demand
- Market share
- Profitable sales volume through customer satisfaction
10. Functions of Marketing
- Gathering and analysing market information
- Market planning
- Product designing and development
- Standardisation and grading
- Packaging and Labelling
- Customer support services
- Pricing of products
- Promotion and selling
- Physical distribution
- Storage and warehousing
11. Role of Marketing
- Role In firm
- Role in the economy
12. Marketing Mix The marketing mix refers to the ingredients or the tools or the variable which the marketeer mixes in order to Interact with a particular market.
According to Philip Kotler, “Marketing mix are the set of marketing tools that firm uses to pursue Its marketing objectives in the target market.”
Elements of Marketing Mix
14. Product The product element of the marketing mix signifies the tangible or intangible product offered to the customer which satisfies the need.
15. Classification of Product or Service Product or goods can be classified in two categories
- Consumer goods
- Industrial goods
16. Consumer Goods
(i) On the Basis of Durability
(a) Durable products
(b) Non-durable products
(ii) Classification Based on Consumers Buying Behaviour and Attitude
(a) Convenient goods
(b) Shopping goods
(c) Speciality goods
17. Industrial Product Industrial products are used as input or raw material to produce consumer goods, e.g., tools, machinery etc.
Features of industrial produced are
- Number of buyer
- Channel of distribution
- Geographical concentration
- Derived demand
- Technical consideration
- Reciprocal buying
18. Types of Products Industrial goods are classified as
- Material and parts
- Capital item
- and business services
19. Product Mix It refers to important decisions related to the product such as quality of product, design of product packing of product etc.
(i) Branding A brand is the identification of a product. It can be in the form of a name, symbol or design etc.
(ii) Various Terms Related to Brand
(b) Brand name
(c) Brand mark
(d) Trade mark
(iii) Advantages of Brand Name
(a) Helps in product differentiation
(b) Helps in advertising
(c) Differential pricing
(d) Easy introduction of new product
(iv) Advantages to Customer
(a) Helps in identification of product
(b) Ensures quality
(c) Status symbol
20. Packaging It can be defined as a set of tasks or activities which are concerned with designing, production of an appropriate wrapper, container or bag for the product.
(i) Level of Packaging There are three levels of packaging
(a) Primary packaging
(b) Secondary packaging
(c) Transportation packaging
(ii) Importance of Packaging
(a) Rising standard of health and sanitation
(b) Self service outlets
(c) Product differentiation
(d) Innovational opportunities
(iii) Functions of Packaging
21, Labelling It means putting identification marks on the package
Functions of labels are as follows
- Describe the product and specify its contents
- Identify the product
- Helps in grading
- Promotes sale
- Providing information required by law/legal requirement
22. Price Price is the value which a buyer passes on to the seller in lieu of the product or service provided.
23. Price Mix It refers to important decisions related to fixing the price of a commodity.
The factors kept in mind while fixing the price of a commodity or service
- Pricing objectives
- Product cost
- Extent of competition in the market
- Customer’s demand and utility
- Government and legal regulation
- Marketing methods used
24, Pricing Strategies There are two pricing strategies
- Price skimming
- Penetration pricing
25. Place/Physical Distribution Place refers to the set of decisions that need to be taken in order to make the product available.
26. Place Mix It refers to important decisions related to physical distribution of goods and services. These decisions are deciding the channel of distribution, market for distribution.
27. Channels of Distribution
28. Functions of Distribution Channels
- Risk taking
29. Types of Distribution Levels
(i) Zero Level Channel/Direct Channel
(ii) Indirect Channel
30. Factors Determining Choice of a Channel
- Product related factors
- Competitive factors
- Company related factors
- Market related factors
- Environmental factors
31. Components of Physical Distribution
32. Promotion Mix It refers to all the decisions related to promotion of sales of products and services.
Following are the tools or elements of promotion. They are also called elements of promotion mix.
- Sales promotion
- Personal selling
33. Advertising It can be defined as the paid form of non-personal presentation and promotion of ideas, good or services and by identified sponsor.
34. Advantages of Advertisement
- Enhancing customer satisfaction
35. Disadvantages of Advertisement
- Less forceful
- Less effective
- Difficulty in media choice
- Lack of feedback
36. Objections to Advertising
- Adds to cost
- Undermines social values
- Confuses the buyers
- Encourages sale of inferior products
- Some advertisements are not appealing
37. Different Media Available for Advertising
38. Sales Promotion It refers to short term use of incentives or other promotional activities that stimulate the customer to buy the product.
39. Sales Promotion Techniques for Customers
- Product combination
- Quantity gift
- Instant draws and assigned gift
- Lucky draw
- Usable benefit
- Full finance @ 0%
40. Merits of Sales Promotion
- Attention attract
- Useful in new product launch
- Synergy in total promotion efforts
- Aid to other promotion tools
41. Demerits of Sales Promotion
- Reflect crisis
- Spoil product image
42. Personal Selling Personal selling means selling personally.
This involves face-to-face interaction between seller and buyer for the purpose of sale.
43. Features of Personal Selling
(i) Personal interaction
- Two-way communication
- Better response
- Better convincing
44. Qualities of a Good Salesman
- Physical qualities
- Social qualities
- Mental qualities
- Other qualities
45. Publicity Publicity is a non-paid form of impersonal communication
(i) Merits of Publicity
(a) More credibility
(b) Mass research
(ii) Limitations of Publicity
(a) Firms have no control
(b) Limited information
Class 12 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 12 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 12 Physics||कक्षा 12 व्यावसायिक अध्ययन|
|Class 12 Chemistry||कक्षा 12 समाज शास्त्र|
|Class 12 Maths||कक्षा 12 अर्थशास्त्र|
|Class 12 Biology||कक्षा 12 भूगोल|
|Class 12 Business Studies|
|Class 12 Economics|
|Class 12 Sociology|
Class 12 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 12 can also check Class 12 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 12th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 12 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 12 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 12 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 12 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 12 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 12 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 12.
Class 12 Business Studies Notes Maths Notes Economics Notes Sociology Notes
Leave a Reply