Class 12 Economics: Microeconomics – Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition – Get here the Notes for Class 12 Economics: Microeconomics – Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 12 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 12 Economics Notes, study material, and a smart preparation plan. CBSE 2019 Class 12th Exam is approaching and candidates will have to make the best use of the time available towards the last stage of your CBSE Class 12th Economics Preparation. To help you with that, below we have provided the Notes of 12 Economics for topic Microeconomics – Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition.
- Class: 12th
- Subject: Economics
- Topic: Microeconomics – Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 12 Business Studies Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 12 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 12 Economics: Microeconomics – Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition.
Theory of Firm Under Perfect Competition
1. Perfect Competition A markeL in which we find perfect competition between a large number of buyers and a large number of sellers of a homogeneous product and uniform price is called perfect competition market.
2. Features of Perfect Competition
(i) Large number of buyers and sellers
(ii) Homogeneous product
(iii) freedom of entry or exit
(iv) Perfect mobility
(v) Perfect knowledge
3. Price Line The line plotted for different values of output in the output price plane is called price line. In perfect competitive market for an individual firm price line and demand curve are same.
4. Revenue It refers to the money receipts of a firm from the sale of its output.
5. Total Revenue (TR) It is the sum total of revenue derived from the sale of all units of the commodity.
TR= P x Q or AR x Q
Here, P = Price,Q = Output
AR = Average revenue.MR = Marginal Revenue
6. Average Revenue It is the revenue per unit output sold AR = TR/Q
7. Marginal Revenue: It is the change in total revenue as a result of selling one more (or less) unit of output. MR= TRn – TRn-1 or MR = ΔTR/ΔQ
8. Shape ofTR, AR, MR, curves in Perfect Competition
(i) Under Perfect. Competition TR curve in an upward slopping straight line starting from the origin.
(ii) Under Perfect Competition AR and MR curve is same and || to X-axis.
9. Profit It is the difference between revenue and cost. Profit= (π)= Revenue – Cost
10. Break Even Point Break even for a firm occurs when it is able to cover its all costs of production. Accordingly, break- even point is defined as a situation when TR= TC or AR = AC Under this situation, the firm earns only normal profits.
11. Shutdown Point It occurs when firm is just able to cover its variable costs, increasing the loss of fixed cost of production. Accordingly shut down point is defined as a situation when TR= TVC or AR= AVC
12. Producer Equilibrium or Profit Maximisation A producer is said to be in equilibrium, when he maximises his profits or minimises his losses.
Condition of profit maximisation
(i) MR =MC
(ii) Me is rising or MC should cut MR from below.
13. Profit Maximisation in the Shurt-run under Perfect Competition
• Condition-1, MR= MC or AR = P
• Condition-2, MC curve should cut the MR= AR curve from below
• Condition-3 P ≥ AVC
14. Short run Supply Curve The supply curve of a firm tells us the quantity of the product that a profit maximising firm is willing to produce at each possible price.
15. Meaning of Suppy Supply means the amount of a commodity that firms are able and willing to offer for sale in the market in a given period of time and at a given price.
16. Supply Schedule Tabular statements of relationship between price and supply of commodity is called supply schedule.
17. Supply Curve Graphical presentation of relationship between price and supply of a commodity is called supply curve.
18. Market Supply Curve The market supply curve for a commodity shows relationship between the price of a given commodity and quantity sellers are inclined to sell.
19. Determinant of Supply Curve
(i) Technological progress
(ii) Input price
(iii) Unit tax
20. Elasticity of Supply it can be defined as a measure of the degree of responsiveness of quantity supplied to changes in the commodity’s own prices.
21. Measurement of Elasticity of Supply Percentage method E =% Change in quantity supplied / % Change in price or ΔQ/ΔP = P/Q
Here, P = Actual Price, Q= Actual Quantity
ΔP = Change in Price, ΔQ = Change in Quantity
22. Two Extreme Cases of Elasticity of Supply
(i) Perfect elastic supply (es= ∞)
(ii) Perfect inelastic supply (es = 0)
Class 12 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 12 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 12 Physics||कक्षा 12 व्यावसायिक अध्ययन|
|Class 12 Chemistry||कक्षा 12 समाज शास्त्र|
|Class 12 Maths||कक्षा 12 अर्थशास्त्र|
|Class 12 Biology||कक्षा 12 भूगोल|
|Class 12 Business Studies|
|Class 12 Economics|
|Class 12 Sociology|
Class 12 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 12 can also check Class 12 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 12th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 12 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 12 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 12 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 12 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 12 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 12 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 12.Class 12 Business Studies Notes Maths Notes Economics Notes Sociology Notes
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.