CBSE Sample Question Papers for Class 11 Biology Set D with Answers are now available for download in PDF format. CBSE Sample Paper are provided below with answers as per the guidelines of CBSE board marking scheme.
Central Board of Secondary Education Board Exam Sample Question Paper for Class 11 are given here. CBSE Class 11 Biology Sample Paper gives an idea of question paper pattern and marking scheme.
CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Biology (Solved) – Set D
The Biology Question Paper will include section on Open Case Studies based questions on two case studies of 7 marks each from the syllabus, a total of 14 marks. The case studies will be supplied to students in advance. These case studies are designed to test the analytical higher order thinking skills of students.
As per the latest blueprint Section A contains 5 question son 1 mark, Section B contains 5 question of 2 marks, Section C contains 11 questions of 3 marks and one value based question of 4 marks, Section D contains 3 questions of 5 Marks.
Set D of Solved CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Biology is given below with PDF of its solutions.
Sample Question Paper
1. What is meant by ‘in vitro’ ? 1
2. Name two accessory digestive organs in humans. 1
3. What type of modification of root is found in 1
(a) Banyan tree
(b) Mangrove tress
4. What is fibroin ? (Hots) 1
5. At what stages of the cell cycle the following 1
(a) No. of chromosomes per cell
(b) Amount of DNA content per cell. ans. (Hots)
6. What is meant by apoplast pathway ? Why does it occur in cortex and not in endosperm ? 2
Differentiate fibrous joints and cartilaginous joints. 2
7. List two ways by which molecules of ATP are produced in Glycolysis during aerobic respiration. 2
8. Mention the location and one function of malphighian tubules and gizzard. 2
9. What is coleoptiles and coleorrhiza ? 2
10. Give the names of four classes of kingdom fungi. 2
11. Give all the six classes of enzymes. 3
12. Why are xylem and phloem called complex tissues ? Describe their components briefly. 3
13. What are actinomorphic, zygomorphic and asymmetric flowers ? 3
14. What is phyllotaxy ? Give one difference between racemose and cymose inflorescence. 3
15. Relate the following with the phylum: radial symmetry, haemocoel, water vascular system, setae, pneumatic bones and radula. (HOTS) 3
16. Draw a labelled diagram of fluid mosaic model of plasma membrane. 3
Draw the floral diagram of fabaceae. 3
17. Which one of the plant growth regulator would you use, if you are asked to- 3
(a) Increase the length of a dwarf plant.
(b) Delay in leaf senescence
(c) Induce rooting in a twig
18. Explain with examples the three categories of plants based on photoperiodism. 3
19. Give the structural formula of 3
(a) Glycine, (b) Alanine and (c) Serine.
20. Draw the labelled diagram of circulatory system of cockroach. 3
21. Draw a diagram of mitochondrion. 3
22. Draw the different types of aestivation. 3
23. In order to study dicotyledonous Plant teacher asked Katrina to bring Mustard leaves , Flowers & seeds. She uprooted several plants and brought in the class. Is this according to you the right way to doing this activity. Justify your answer. (VBQ) 4
24. Explain both pathways of water and ion absorption and movement in roots with neat sketch. 5
Describe briefly the deficiency symptoms seen in plants. 5
25. Give short note on secondary metabolites with examples in all fields. (HOTS) 5
Briefly explain ER with neat sketch. 5
26. Explain androecium and gynoecium in flowering plants. 5
Briefly explain the cardiac cycle. 5