CBSE Sample Question Papers for Class 11 Biology Set E with Answers are now available for download in PDF format. CBSE Sample Paper are provided below with answers as per the guidelines of CBSE board marking scheme.
Central Board of Secondary Education Board Exam Sample Question Paper for Class 11 are given here. CBSE Class 11 Biology Sample Paper gives an idea of question paper pattern and marking scheme.
CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Biology (Solved) – Set E
The Biology Question Paper will include section on Open Case Studies based questions on two case studies of 7 marks each from the syllabus, a total of 14 marks. The case studies will be supplied to students in advance. These case studies are designed to test the analytical higher order thinking skills of students.
As per the latest blueprint Section A contains 5 question son 1 mark, Section B contains 5 question of 2 marks, Section C contains 11 questions of 3 marks and one value based question of 4 marks, Section D contains 3 questions of 5 Marks.
Set E of Solved CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Biology is given below with PDF of its solutions.
Sample Question Paper
1. What are choanocytes ? 1
2. Differentiate lampreys and familiar fishes. (HOTS) 1 .
3. Give the scientific terms for : 1
(a) A membrane that covers smooth, striated and cardiac muscle fibres. I
(b) A bundle of nerve fibres. (HOTS)
4. Define kinetochore. 1
5. What is meant by compensation point ? 1
6. What is the role of HC1 in protein digestion ? 2
7. What are cofactors ? Name two types of cofactors. 2
8. Differentiate gross calorific value and physiologic value of food. 2
9. What is glycolysis ? Name two monosaccharides which readily enter the glycolytic pathway. 2
10. Draw the structure indicating secondary structure of DNA. 2
Differentiate cytokinesis in plant cell and cytokinesis in animal cell. 2
11. Define guttation, hydathodes and transpiration. 3
12. Draw a labelled diagram of closed circulatory system of earthworm. 3
13. Draw labelled diagram of T.S. of dicot root. 3
14. Differentiate male and female Ascaris. 3
15. Explain the different categories of animals based on the presence or absence of coelom. 3
16. Enumerate the important universal rules of nomenclature. 3
17. How chromosomes are classified based on the position of centromere ? 3
18. What is night blindness ? What lacks in the eye in this condition ? Give one remedy. 3
characteristics. Give its role inside duodenum. 3
19. List various functions of epithelial tissue. 3
20. Differentiate between rods and cones. • 3
21. Differentiate cyclic photophosphorylation and non-cyclic photophosphorylation. (HOTS) 3
22. Label the marked parts (1-6) of the skull in the given diagram. 3
23. Injections are given to the cattle for the production of milk.
(i) Do you think it is a right practice ?
(ii) What harm is this practice causing us ? (VBQ) 4
24. Different types of plastids, their pigments and functions. 5
Draw a labelled diagram all stages of mitosis process. 5
25. Write a short note on pectoral and pelvic girdle with the help of diagram. 5
“Transpiration and photosynthesis — a compromise”. Comment. (HOTS) 5
26. Write a note on proteins. Name some important proteins found in humans. Give their functions. 5
Describe briefly the chemical steps in Calvin cycle. 5