MDM Portal Login – The PM POSHAN (POshan SHAkti Nirman) Scheme is a centrally-sponsored scheme that provides one hot cooked meal to students of classes 1 to 8 in Government and Government-aided schools. It was earlier known as the ‘National Programme for Mid-Day Meal in Schools’ or the Mid-Day Meal (MDM)Scheme. All the MDM/ PM POSHAN related information can be checked on the official website, mdm.nic.in. This scheme is implemented in all the Indian states and UTs. Check below to get the state-wise MDM Portal website links and other Mid-Day Meal details like benefits, portal login and state-wise progress briefs.
MDM Portal Login
Apart from the main Mid-Day Meal website and portal on the central official website, mdm.nic.in, there are separate MDM websites for different states and Union Territories. The state-wise list of the Mid-Day Meal portal websites is given below.
|States/ UTs||Official Website||Direct Link for State Website|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||dnh.nic.in||Click here|
|Daman & Diu||daman.nic.in||Click here|
|Himachal Pradesh||himachal.nic.in||Click here|
|Tamil Nadu||middaymeal.tn.gov.in||Click here|
|Uttar Pradesh||upmdm.org||Click here|
|West Bengal||wbsed.gov.in||Click here|
What is Mid Day Meal (MDM) Program?
The Mid-Day Meal (MDM) program or the PM POSHAN (POshan SHAkti Nirman) Scheme was approved by the Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs (CCEA) to continue from 2021-22 to 2025-26. It was earlier known as ‘National Programme for Mid-Day Meal in Schools’. It is a Centrally-Sponsored Scheme that aims to provide one hot cooked meal in Government and Government-aided schools. This covers the school children studying in classes I-VIII.
Benefits of MDM
The MDM scheme has been beneficial in many ways. Some of the aspects are listed below:
- It has enhanced student enrollment and admission retention rate.
- It has increased the students’ attendance in schools.
- The nutritional levels have also improved among the school children.
- It has contributed towards provide the employment in Rural Sector and empowering women.
- It has also improved the social and gender equality among the students and all other members involved in the scheme.
How to login to MDM Portal?
To log in at the state MDM portals, one can enter the user ID and password at the respective login windows. Follow the following steps to log in to the Mid-Day Meal MIS (Management Information System) Portal:
- Visit the official website, mdm.nic.in.
- Scroll down and click on the “MIS Portal” tab on the right section of the page.
- Select the blue “PM Poshan MIS Portal” button on the page that opens, as shown in the image below.
- The ‘PM POSHAN Application’ page will open.
- Further log in using the Login ID and password as per the requirement.
What is MDM Portal?
The Mid-Day Meal (MDM) portal contains all the MDM scheme related information. It is now called the PM POSHAN (Pradhan Mantri POshan SHAkti Nirman) portal which works under the Ministry of Education, Government of India. This portal is available as the official MDM website, mdm.nic.in where the link to the MDM MIS Login is also present. This portal contains MDM details like-
- MDM rules and guidelines
- Aadhar enrollment
- Budget allocation
- Foodgrain allocation and FCI payment
- Meal Provision and Nutritional support
- School Health Program
- State MDM website links
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism, etc.
How to view state/ district wise progress?
The MDM state and district wise progress and status is updated by the States and relevant department from time to time on the official website. One can access two types of monitoring reports under the ‘Monitoring of MDMS’ tab on the menu bar on the top of the home page of the official MDM website:
- Desk Monitoring
- Field Monitoring
The progress reports of the States and Union Territories can also be viewed and checked through the following steps:
- Visit the official MDM website, mdm.nic.in.
- Click on the “Site Map” option from the blue column on the left side of the home page.
- Under the “Desk Monitoring of MDMS” heading, click on “State wise Monitoring Mechanism”.
- A list of all the states will appear on the screen.
- Now, click on the desired State name to open the respective document file containing the details of the progress made with respect to the Mid-Day Meal Scheme.
MDM Portal Login Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 Where can I find the MDM portal login?
A.1 The Mid-Day Meal portal Login can be found on the official website, mdm.nic.in.
Q.2 The MDM scheme is implemented in which types of schools?
A.2 The MDM or the PM POSHAN scheme is implemented in the Government and Government aided schools.
Q.3 The MDM scheme is for the school students of which classes?
A.3 The MDM scheme covers the school going children of classes 1st to 8th.
Q.4 Where can I find the state-wise list of the Mid-Day Meal portals?
A.4 The UT and state-wise list of the MDM portals and websites can be found on the official MDM website or in the table given above on this page.
Official Website: mdm.nic.in
Leave a Reply