NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 9 International Trade – Here are all the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 9. This solution contains questions, answers, images, explanations of the complete chapter 9 titled International Trade taught in Class 12. If you are a student of Class 12 who is using NCERT Textbook to study Geography, then you must come across chapter 9 International Trade. After you have studied lesson, you must be looking for answers of its questions. Here you can get complete NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 9 International Trade.
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography Chapter 9 International Trade
Here on AglaSem Schools, you can access to NCERT Book Solutions in free pdf for Geography for Class 12 so that you can refer them as and when required. The NCERT Solutions to the questions after every unit of NCERT textbooks aimed at helping students solving difficult questions.
For a better understanding of this chapter, you should also see summary of Chapter 9 International Trade , Geography, Class 12.
|Book||Fundamentals Of Human Geography|
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 9 International Trade
Class 12, Geography chapter 9, International Trade solutions are given below in PDF format. You can view them online or download PDF file for future use.
Did you find NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 9 International Trade helpful? If yes, please comment below. Also please like, and share it with your friends!
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 9 International Trade- Video
You can also watch the video solutions of NCERT Class12 Geography chapter 9 International Trade here.
Video – will be available soon.
If you liked the video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you can get more such interesting and useful study resources.
Download NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 9 International Trade In PDF Format
You can also download here the NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 9 International Trade in PDF format.
Click Here to download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography chapter 9 International Trade
Question & Answer
Q.1: Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below. (i) Most of the world's great ports are classified as: (a) Naval Ports (b) Oil Ports (c) Comprehensive Ports (d) Industrial Ports (ii) Which one of the following continents has the maximum flow of global trade? (a) Asia (b) North America (c) Europe (d) Africa (iii) Which one of the following South American nation, is a part of OPEC? (a) Brazil (b) Chile (c) Venezuela (d) Peru (iv) In which of the following trade blocs, is India an associate member? (a) SAFTA (b) OECD (c) ASEAN (d) OPEC
Ans : (i) (c) Comprehensive Ports (ii) (c) Europe (iii) (c) Venezuela (iv) (c) ASEAN
Q.2: Answer the following questions in amut 30 words: (i) What is the basic function of the World Trade Organisation? (ii) Why is it detrimental for a nation to have negative balance of payments? (iii) What benefits do nations get by forming trading blocs?
Ans : (i) The basic functions of the World Trade Organisation
- WTO deals with the global rules of trade between nations.
- It sets the rules for the global trading system and resolves disputes between its member nations.
- WTO also covers trade in services, such as telecommunication and banking, and others issues such as intellectual rights.
Q.3: Answer the following questions in not more than 150 words: (i) How are ports helpful for trade? Give a classification of ports on the basis of their location. (ii) How do nations gain from International Trade?
Ans : (i) Ports are chief gateways of the world of international trade are the harbours and ports. Cargoes and travellers pass from one part of the world to another through these ports. The ports provide facilities of docking. loading. unloading and the storage facilities for cargo. In order to provide these facilities. the port authorities make arrangements for maintaining navigable channels. arranging tugs and barges. and providing labour and managerial services. Types of port on the basis of location: (a) Inland Ports: These ports are located away from the sea coast. They are linked to the sea through a river or a canal. Such ports are accessible to flat bottom ships or barges. For example. Manchester is linked with a canal: Memphis is located on the river Mississippi: Rhine has several ports like Mannheim and Duisburg. a branch of the river Ganga. (b) Out Ports: These are deep water ports built away from the actual ports. These serve the parent ports by receiving those ships which are unable to approach them due to their large size. Classic combination. for example. is Athens and its out port Piraeus in Greece. (ii) International trade is the exchange of goods and services among countries across national boundaries. Countries need to trade to obtain commodities, they cannot produce themselves or they can purchase elsewhere at a lower price.
- International trade is the result of specialisation in production
- It benefits the world economy if different countries practise specialisation and division of labour in the production of commodities or provision of services.
- Each kind of specialisation can give rise to trade. Thus, international trade is based on the principle of comparative advantage, complementarity and transferability of goods and services and in principle, should be mutually beneficial to the trading partners.
NCERT / CBSE Book for Class 12 Geography
You can download the NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography in PDF format for free. Otherwise you can also buy it easily online.
- Click here for NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography
- Click here to buy NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography
All NCERT Solutions Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Accountancy
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Business Studies
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Political Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 History
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Psychology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Sociology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Economics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Hindi
All NCERT Solutions
You can also check out NCERT Solutions of other classes here. Click on the class number below to go to relevant NCERT Solutions of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3|
|Class 4||Class 5||Class 6|
|Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Class 10||Class 11||Class 12|
Download the NCERT Solutions app for quick access to NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography Chapter 9 International Trade. It will help you stay updated with relevant study material to help you top your class!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.