Candidates can download NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Unit 5 from this page. The exemplar has been provided by the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) and the candidates can check it from below for free of cost. It contains objective, very short answer type, short answer type, and long answer type questions. Along with it, the answer for each question has also been provided. From the NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Unit 5, candidates can understand the level and type of questions that are asked in the exam.
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Unit 5 Arithmetic Progressions
NCERT Class 10 Maths Unit 5 is for Arithmetic Progressions. The type of questions that will be asked from NCERT Class 10 Maths Unit 5 are displayed in the below provided NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Unit 5. With the help of it, candidates can prepare well for the examination.
(A) Main Concepts and Results
- An arithmetic progression (AP) is a list of numbers in which each term is obtained by adding a fixed number d to the preceding term, except the first term a. The fixed number d is called its common difference. The general form of an AP is a, a + d, a + 2d, a + 3d,…
- In the list of numbers a1 , a2 , a3 ,… if the differences a2 – a1 , a3 – a2 , a4 – a3 ,… give the same value, i.e., if ak+1 – ak is the same for different values of k, then the given list of numbers is an AP.
- The nth term an (or the general term) of an AP is an = a + (n – 1) d, where a is the first term and d is the common difference. Note that a1 = a .
- The sum Sn of the first n terms of an AP is given by
If l is the last term of an AP of n terms, then the sum of all the terms can also be given by
Sometimes Sn is also denoted by S.
- If f Sn is the sum of the first n terms of an AP, then its nth term an is given by
Multiple Choice Questions (Solved Examples)
Multiple Choice Questions (Exercise)
Short Answer Questions with Reasoning (Solved Examples)
Short Answer Questions with Reasoning (Exercise)
Short Answer Type Questions (Solved Examples)
Short Answer Type Questions (Exercise)
Long Answer Type Questions (Solved Examples)
Long Answer Type Questions (Exercise)
Click Here to download NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Unit 5 Arithmetic Progressions.