NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 10 Human Settlements – Here are all the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 10. This solution contains questions, answers, images, explanations of the complete chapter 10 titled Human Settlements taught in Class 12. If you are a student of Class 12 who is using NCERT Textbook to study Geography, then you must come across chapter 10 Human Settlements. After you have studied lesson, you must be looking for answers of its questions. Here you can get complete NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 10 Human Settlements.
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 Chapter 10 Human Settlements
Here on AglaSem Schools, you can access to NCERT Book Solutions in free pdf for Geography 1 for Class 12 so that you can refer them as and when required. The NCERT Solutions to the questions after every unit of NCERT textbooks aimed at helping students solving difficult questions.
For a better understanding of this chapter, you should also see summary of Chapter 10 Human Settlements , Geography 1, Class 12.
|Book||Fundamentals of Human Geography|
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 10 Human Settlements
Class 12, Geography 1 chapter 10, Human Settlements solutions are given below in PDF format. You can view them online or download PDF file for future use.
Human Settlements Download
Did you find NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 10 Human Settlements helpful? If yes, please comment below. Also please like, and share it with your friends!
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 10 Human Settlements- Video
You can also watch the video solutions of NCERT Class12 Geography 1 chapter 10 Human Settlements here.
Video – will be available soon.
If you liked the video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you can get more such interesting and useful study resources.
Download NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 10 Human Settlements In PDF Format
You can also download here the NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 10 Human Settlements in PDF format.
Click Here to download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 10 Human Settlements
Question & Answer
Q.1: Choose the right answer trom the tour alternatives given below. (i) Which one of the following forms of settlement develops along either side of roads, rivers or canals? (a) circular (b) linear (c) cross-shaped (d) square (ii) Which one of the following types of economic activities dominates in all rural settlement? (a) primary (b) tertiary (c) secondary (d) quaternary (iii) In which of the following regions has the oldest well-documented urban settlement found? (a) Huang He Valley (b) Indus Valley (c) Nile Valley (d) Mesopotamia (iv) How many of the following cities in India have attained the million status at the beginning of 2006? (a) 40 (b) 42 (c) 41 (d) 43 (b) 42 (v) Sufficiency of which type of resources can help to create adequate social infrastructure catering to the needs of the large population in the developing countries? (a) financial (b) human (c) natural (d) social
Ans : (i) (b) linear (ii) (a) primary (iii) (d) Mesopotamia (iv) (b) 42 (v) (c) natural
Q.2: Answer the questions in about 30 words. (i) How would you define a settlement? (ii) Distinguish between site and situation. (iii) What are the bases of classifying settlements? (iv) How would you justify the study of human settlements in human geography?
Ans : (i)A human settlement is defined as a place inhabited more or less permanently. There may be some settlements which are temporary and are occupied for short periods. maybe a season. (ii) (iii) Settlements can be classified on the basis of:
(iv) The study of settlement is essential and basic to human geography because the form of settlement in any particular region reflects the human relationship with the environment.
- Population Size
- Functions of the Settlement
- Occupation of the people
- Facilities in the Settlement
Q.3: Answer the following questions in not more than 150 words. (i) What are rural and urban settlements? Mention their characteristics. (ii) Discuss the problems associated with urban settlements in developing countries.
Ans : (i) Rural settlements are most closely and directly related to land. They are dominated by primary activities such as agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing etc. Characteristics of Rural Settlements:
Urban settlements are densely populated area in which people are engaged in secondary and tertiary activities mainly. Characteristics of Urban Settlements:
- Most people are engaged in agriculture, fishing and other primary activities.
- These are smaller in size.
- These lack the modern facilities.
- The density of population is not very high
- People participate in cultural activities.
(ii) The various problems associated with urban settlements in developing countries are:
- Most people are engaged in secondary and tertiary activities.
- These settlements are well planned.
- Urban settlements are large in size.
- The density of population is high.
- These areas have got complex culture because of mixing of other cultures in it.
- They have modern facilities of roads, electricity, water supply etc
- People flock to cities to avail of employment opportunities and civic amenities. Since most cities in developing countries are unplanned. it creates severe congestion.
- Shortage of housing, vertical expansion and growth of slums are characteristic features ot Modern cities of developing countries. In many cities an increasing proportion of the population lives in substandard housing, e.g. slums and squatter settlements.
- Cities in the developing countries suffer from several social ills. Insufficient financial Resources tail to create adequate social infrastructure catering to the basic needs of the huge population. The available educational and health facilities remain beyond the reach of the urban poor.
- The large urban population in developing countries not only uses but also disposes ott a huge quantity of water and all types of waste materials.
- Many cities of the developing countries even find it extremely difficult to provide the minimum required quantity of potable water and water for domestic and industrial uses. An improper sewerage system creates unhealthy conditions.
NCERT / CBSE Book for Class 12 Geography 1
You can download the NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography 1 in PDF format for free. Otherwise you can also buy it easily online.
- Click here for NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography 1
- Click here to buy NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography 1
All NCERT Solutions Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Accountancy
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Business Studies
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Political Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 History
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Psychology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Sociology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Economics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Hindi
All NCERT Solutions
You can also check out NCERT Solutions of other classes here. Click on the class number below to go to relevant NCERT Solutions of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
|Class 4||Class 5||Class 6|
|Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Class 10||Class 11||Class 12|
Download the NCERT Solutions app for quick access to NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 Chapter 10 Human Settlements. It will help you stay updated with relevant study material to help you top your class!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.