NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 8 Transport and Communication – Here are all the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 8. This solution contains questions, answers, images, explanations of the complete chapter 8 titled Transport and Communication taught in Class 12. If you are a student of Class 12 who is using NCERT Textbook to study Geography, then you must come across chapter 8 Transport and Communication. After you have studied lesson, you must be looking for answers of its questions. Here you can get complete NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 8 Transport and Communication.
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 Chapter 8 Transport and Communication
Here on AglaSem Schools, you can access to NCERT Book Solutions in free pdf for Geography 1 for Class 12 so that you can refer them as and when required. The NCERT Solutions to the questions after every unit of NCERT textbooks aimed at helping students solving difficult questions.
For a better understanding of this chapter, you should also see summary of Chapter 8 Transport and Communication , Geography 1, Class 12.
|Book||Fundamentals of Human Geography|
Transport and Communication
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 8 Transport and Communication
Class 12, Geography 1 chapter 8, Transport and Communication solutions are given below in PDF format. You can view them online or download PDF file for future use.
Transport and Communication Download
Did you find NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 8 Transport and Communication helpful? If yes, please comment below. Also please like, and share it with your friends!
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 8 Transport and Communication- Video
You can also watch the video solutions of NCERT Class12 Geography 1 chapter 8 Transport and Communication here.
Video – will be available soon.
If you liked the video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you can get more such interesting and useful study resources.
Download NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 8 Transport and Communication In PDF Format
You can also download here the NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 8 Transport and Communication in PDF format.
Click Here to download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography 1 chapter 8 Transport and Communication
Question & Answer
Q.1: Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below. (i) The Trans—continental Stuart Highway runs between (a) Darwin and Melbourne (b) Edmonton and Anchorage (c) Vancouver and St. John's City (d) Chengdu and Lhasa (ii) Which country has the highest density of railway network? (a) Brazil (b) U.S.A (c) Canada (d) Russia (iii) The Big Trunk Route runs through (a) The Mediterranean — Indian ocean (b) The North Atlantic Ocean (c) The South Atlantic Ocean (d) The North Pacific Ocean (iv) The Big Inch pipeline transports (a) Milk (b) Liquid petroleum gas (LPG) (c) Water (d) Petroleum (v) Which one pair ot the following places is linked by Channel Tunnel? (a) London — Berlin (b) Paris — London (c) Berlin — Paris (d) Barcelona — Berlin
Ans : (i) (a) Darwin and Melbourne (ii) (b) U.S.A (iii) (b) The North Atlantic Ocean (iv) (d) Petroleum (v) (b) Paris — London
Q.2: Answer the following questions in about 30 words. (i) What are the problems of road transport in mountainous, desert and flood prone regions? (ii) What is a trans—continental railway? (iii) What are the advantages of water transport?
Ans : (i)The problems of road transport in mountainous, desert and flood prone regions are:
(ii) Trans—continental railways run across the continents and links two ends. They were constructed tor economic and political reasons to facilitate long runs in different directions. (iii) There are various advantages of water transport:
- In mountainous regions, there is steep slope and unlevelled patterns which make difficult to construct roads. The construction and maintenance of roads are very high.
- In deserts, constructing roads is difficult due to excessive sand. Scarce vegetation and low density of population do not encourage roads.
- In flood prone areas, roads get damaged frequently.
- It does not require route construction. The oceans are linked with each other and provide passages to ships ot various sizes.
- It is much cheaper because the friction of water is tar less than that ot land. The energy cost of water transportation is lower.
- It is useful for the transportation of heavy and bulky goods.
Q.3: Answer the following questions in not mMe than 150 words. (i) Elucidate the statement— -In a well managed transport system, various modes complement each other". (ii) Which are the major regions of the world having a dense network of airways. (iii) What are the modes by which cyber space will expand the contemporary economic and social space of humans.
Ans : (i) In a well managed transport system. various modes do not compete with each other but complement each other.
Railways are more useful for moving bulky goods and passengers over long distances while Roadways are suitable for the faster movement over shorter distances and door-to-door services. They also act as feeder transport to railways.(ii)
- When urgent and faster movement required then air transport is the most appropriate option.
- International movement of bulky goods can be possible through ocean routes.
- Railways also serve ports so that goods can move faster and nu.re cheaply.
- For crossing seas and mountains more faster we can use air transport.
- Liquids and gases such as water. petroleum and natural gas can be transported better
- Air Transport is the only means to reach mountainous snow fields or desert terrains.
- At present no place in the world is more than 35 hours away. This startling tact has been made possible due to people who build and fly airplanes.
- Frequent air services are available to many parts of the world. Although, U.K. pioneered the use of commercial jet transport, U.S.A. developed largely post-War international civil aviation.
- Today, more than 250 commercial airlines offer regular services to different parts of the world
- Dense network exists in Eastern U.S.A., Western Europe and Southeast Asia. IJ.SA. alone accounts for 60 per cent of the airways of the world. New York, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Rome, Moscow, Karachi, New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangkok, Singapore, Tokyo, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago are the nodal points where air routes converge or radiate to all continents. Africa, Asiatic part of Russia and South America lack air services.
- e-mail - Electronic mail is a method of exchanging messages between people using electronics. These are delivered extremely fast when compared to traditional post thus. widely accepted by business, governments and non-governmental organizations in the developed world. Each email has the date and time recorded on it which is helpful in avoiding contusion and dispute.
- It is a transaction of buying or selling online. It can take place 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can provide wide variety of options than traditional stores. The customer can order the product of their choice and get it delivered to their home.
- e-learning: It is the use of technology to enable people to learn anytime and anywhere. It can include training. the delivery of just-in-time information and guidance from experts. Knowledge can also be shared via the Internet, which is accessible 2417, anywhere, anytime.
- e-governance: It is a style of governance in which information and communication technology OCT) is applied for achieving the results. Through e-governance, government services will be made available to citizens in a convenient, efficient and transparent manner.
NCERT / CBSE Book for Class 12 Geography 1
You can download the NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography 1 in PDF format for free. Otherwise you can also buy it easily online.
- Click here for NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography 1
- Click here to buy NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography 1
All NCERT Solutions Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Accountancy
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Business Studies
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Political Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 History
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Psychology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Sociology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Economics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Hindi
All NCERT Solutions
You can also check out NCERT Solutions of other classes here. Click on the class number below to go to relevant NCERT Solutions of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
|Class 4||Class 5||Class 6|
|Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Class 10||Class 11||Class 12|
Download the NCERT Solutions app for quick access to NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography 1 Chapter 8 Transport and Communication. It will help you stay updated with relevant study material to help you top your class!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.