NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths – From this page candidates can check NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths for all the chapters. In class 7 NCERT books there are 15 chapters. The chapters in class 7 in maths subject is designed to enhance the development of mathematical understanding and thinking. The students in class VII can download the NCERT solutions of all the 15 chapters in the Maths textbook and use for preparation.
- Chapter 1: Integers
- Chapter 2: Fractions and Decimals
- Chapter 3: Data Handling
- Chapter 4: Simple Equations
- Chapter 5: Lines and Angles
- Chapter 6: The Triangle and its Properties
- Chapter 7: Congruence of Triangles
- Chapter 8: Comparing Quantities
- Chapter 9: Rational Numbers
- Chapter 10: Practical Geometry
- Chapter 11: Perimeter and Area
- Chapter 12: Algebraic Expressions
- Chapter 13: Exponents and Powers
- Chapter 14: Symmetry
- Chapter 15: Visualising Solid Shapes
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths
From here students can download the NCERT solutions for Class 7 Maths for all chapters.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths in Hindi | कक्षा 7 गणित नसरत सोलूशन्स हिंदी माधयम
We have also provided the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths in Hindi. Candidates can check the same from below:
- Chapter 1: Integers in Hindi
- Chapter 2: Fractions and Decimals in Hindi
- Chapter 3: Data Handling in Hindi
- Chapter 4: Simple Equations in Hindi
- Chapter 5: Lines and Angles in Hindi
- Chapter 6: The Triangle and its Properties in Hindi
- Chapter 7: Congruence of Triangles in Hindi
- Chapter 8: Comparing Quantities in Hindi
- Chapter 9: Rational Numbers in Hindi
- Chapter 10: Practical Geometry in Hindi
- Chapter 11: Perimeter and Area in Hindi
- Chapter 12: Algebraic Expressions in Hindi
- Chapter 13: Exponents and Powers in Hindi
- Chapter 14: Symmetry in Hindi
- Chapter 15: Visualising Solid Shapes in Hindi
Important formulas for class 7 students for maths
Now that we have provided you with solutions of class 7 maths, let us also provide some of the formulas that you are going to need while solving the problems. Jot them down from below:
Area formulas for 2D and 3D figures:
- Circle= π r2 Sq units, where r is the radius
- Rectangle= L X B Sq.units , where L is length and B is breadth
- Total Surface Area for Cube = 6a2 sq.units, a are the sides
- Total surface Area of cuboid =2(lb+bh+hl) Sq.units, h is the height
- Square = 4s units, where s is side of square
- Rectangle= 2 (L+B) units, where L is length and B is breadth
Formula to calculate volume:
- Cube = l3 cube units
- Sphere=43πr3 cube units,where r is the radius of the sphere.
- Cylinder= π r2 h cu.units,where r is the radius of the base, h is the height of the cylinder.
- Addition: (a/b) + (c/d) = (ad + bc)/bd
- Subtraction: (a/b) + (c/d) = (ad + bc)/bd
The chapter 1 is Integers. In class 6, students were introduced to integers. However, in class 7 candidates get to learn about more about integers like their properties and operations. Students learn subtraction, addition, multiplication, division and all about their properties.
The chapter 2 is called the fractions and decimals. In the earlier classes candidates types of fractions and addition and subtractions of them However in class 7 maths, a level is taken up introduction of multiplication and division of fractions as well as of decimals.
Next is the chapter 3 this includes data handling. Previous classes have taught the students about the type of data and how to collect them. In class 7 candidates learn a lot more about kinds of data and graphs and how to organise experiences and draw inferences from them.
Simple Equation is the next chapter. Here students learn how to solve equations, what is an equation and all about them. In class 6 students learn algebra and taking it a notch up in class 7 they are introduced with equations.
Students have learnt all about identifying different lines, line segments and angles in a given
shape. But in class 7 they get to learn about more types of angles, how are they formed, intersection of lines, how lines create angles and much more.
Next the students move on to Triangles and properties. Students learn the six elements of a triangle, median of triangles, altitude of the triangle, types of triangles, Pythagoras property of a triangle, etc.
The next is Congruence of triangles. In this chapter students learn about why 2 triangles, angles or lines are called congruence, criteria for congruence, and also what congruence means.
Next the students come to learn about comparing quantities. Students learn about comparing by ratios, comparing by fractions, comparing quantities by percentage and how to do so.
The next step of learning is rational numbers. What are the need of rational number, what are rational numbers, positive and negative rational numbers, rational number representation on a number line, standard form of rational numbers, comparison between 2 rational numbers, and so much more.
The next in the chapter line of class 7 maths is practical geometry. Here the students get to know all about drawing figures like a line parallel to a given line, drawing a triangle, drawing a triangle, using indirectly the concept of congruence of triangles, etc.
The chapter 11 is perimeter and area. In class 6, students were introduced to perimeters of plane figures and areas of squares and rectangles. But in class 7 student can learn a lot more about perimeters and areas of a few more plane figures like area of a parallelogram, triangle, circle etc.
Algebric expression is the next chapter. In this chapter students get to learn about how the how the algebric expression are formed, variables and constants, operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division on the variables and constants to form expressions, coefficient etc. Students also know about binomial, trinomial, polynomial and monomial expressions.
The 13th chapter is exponent and powers. This chapters introduces the students on how we can write large numbers in a shorter form using exponents, laws of exponents, etc.
Next students learn about symmetry. Symmetry is an important geometrical concept, commonly exhibited in nature and is used almost in every field in day to day life. Students get to know about the symmetry of objects and how 2 objects are symmetrical, order of rotational symmetry, centre of rotation, line symmetry, multiple lines of symmetry etc.
Next and the last chapter is the visualising solid shapes. In this chapter students learn how to classify figures in terms of dimensions. Also students learn what are plane figures and what are solid shapes, what are 2D and 3D figures, top view of figure, side view, etc.
Importance of the Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths are given for the students so that they can get to know the answers to the questions in case they are not able to find it. It is important for all the students who are in Class 7 currently. Here we are providing the solutions to all the chapters of NCERT Maths Class 7 Textbook for the students. They can refer to these solutions while they are solving the questions from the textbook.
The students who are in class 7 and have the NCERT affiliated Maths Books can check this page to know the solutions for all the chapters of Maths book. They need to ensure that they are checking the solutions for the chapter which they intend to check.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths are important for the students of the same class. Through these, they can get answers to those questions on which they get stuck. These are the valid solutions and students can check these whenever they face any confusion in the questions.
Class 7 NCERT Solutions For All Subjects
We are giving the subjectwise solution of NCERT Class 7 books. They will find chapter wise solutions for each subject which can be downloaded.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Hindi
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Sanskrit
All NCERT Solutions
You can also check out NCERT Solutions of other classes here. Click on the class number below to go to relevant NCERT Solutions of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.