The CBSE board exam season is upon us and in this line, the class 10th students will be appearing for the English language and literature board exam tomorrow, on February 26, 2020. To have a glance at the paper pattern for the exam day, the CBSE 10th English Language and Literature (184) Sample Papers with Solutions are provided by Central Board of Secondary Education. It is wise to give them a thorough look to be prepared. The exam will be starting at 10:30 am and end at 1:30 pm.
Looking for the other English paper? Here is the CBSE 10th English Communication (101) Sample Papers with Solutions, and Last Minute Revision Tips, Exam Pattern!
CBSE 10th English Language and Literature Sample Papers with Solutions
The subject code of CBSE 10th English Language and Literature paper is 184. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), in the form of a blessing, has provided the students with the sample paper of the exam and also their solutions. Get your hands on the CBSE 10th English language and literature sample papers with solutions PDFs using the link below:
The students can take various advantages of the sample paper, like:
- Use them to know the exam pattern
- Know the marking scheme of the paper
- Know the type of questions that are asked
- Know how to frame the answers of the questions using the solutions of the sample papers
- Use them to practice how to attempt the paper on the exam day
Last Minute Revision Tips and Exam Pattern for CBSE 10th English Language and Literature
Let us first check the exam pattern and then we shall proceed to the last minute tips as per the pattern of the exam:
A) Check out previous year CBSE question papers
Know exactly what questions were asked in the exam in the past years. Gauge what to expect this time on the basis of it! Click here for all previous year CBSE question papers.
Year wise, the papers are as follows.
- CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2019
- CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2018
- CBSE Class 10 English Question Papers of years 2017, 2016, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2014
- CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2013
- CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012
- CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2011
B) The exam pattern of English Language and Literature paper
Total sections in the paper: There will be 3 sections in the paper A, B and C
The total number of the marks of the paper: 80
Total time to complete the paper: 3 hours
The section wise marking scheme:
|Section A: Reading||20||Passages are given based on which|
students have to answer the questions
|Section B: Writing & Grammar||30||Internal choices is given in this section|
word limit based answers are to be framed
|Section C: Literature||30||Internal choices is given in this section|
word limit based answers are to be framed
C) Section Wise Revision Tips for CBSE 10th English Language and Literature
Section A – Reading: The habit of reading and comprehending the meaning of the passage is the key. This cannot be mastered overnight. But what one can do, for last-minute preparation of this section, is take out 2 to 3 last year CBSE 10th English Language and Literature papers and read out the passages asked. Solve the questions and answers. Or the sample papers by CBSE can be also used for this purpose.
Section B – Writing & Grammar: This is the most scoring subject and the most tricky one too. A student with a stronghold of grammar can easily attempt this section with flying colours. To prepare for this section at the very last minute, go through the uses of articles, pronouns, verbs, and prepositions. Also, practice 5 each from the following topics:
- Sentence correction
- Rearranging sentences to form meaningful sentences
For writing read a few letters, essays, articles to understand how to write good pieces. By heart the structure for them too.
Section C – Literature: This section has questions from the textbook. On the very last minutes do the following:
- By heart all the chapters / poem names with their authors
- Go through all the important points, instances, and lines from the chapters
- Revise the summary of all the chapters and poems
- Revise the characteristics of all the characters that appear in the poems and chapters
We wish all the 10thies a very best for their CBSE class 10 boards. Have a great experience, and do not worry about the results!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.