Rehabilitation Therapy is a method which enables a person to recover from functional limitations after an injury, an illness or addiction. Rehabilitation assists people to restore their mental, emotional, physical, social and vocational wellbeing. Mental illness is also recovered with the assistance of rehabilitation. Physical and occupational therapy are also included in rehabilitation therapy.
Candidates should have passed 10+2 with science subjects. The selection is usually made on the basis of entrance examinations conducted by the institute/university concerned. The duration of the bachelor’s degree course is 3-4 years.
The courses under it are-
- Certificate in Rehabilitation Counselling
- Diploma in Special Education (Hearing Impaired)
- Diploma in Special Education (Visually Handicapped)
- Diploma in Special Education (Mental Retardation)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Physical Therapy
- Bachelor in Mental Retardation
- Bachelor of Education (Hearing Impaired)
- Bachelor of Education (Visually Handicapped)
- Bachelor of Special Education (Hearing Impairment)
- Master of Rehabilitation Therapy
- Master of Occupational TherapyRehabilitation
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation with Persons of Multiple Disabilities
Colleges & Universities Offering Rehabilitation Therapy
The following institutes have offered the course-
1.National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped (NIMH), Secunderabad,Telangana
2.Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya National Institute for the Physically Handicapped, New Delhi
3.All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai, Maharashtra
4.All India Institute of Speech & Hearing, Mysore, Karnataka
5.Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped, Mumbai, Maharashtra
6.Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.