Mechanical engineering deals with application of the principles of mechanics and energy to design machines and devices right from automobiles, trucks, airplanes to trains tractors, fax machines
or even power plants. Robotic inspection systems, Cryogenic technology, Laser material processing are
also some new emerging areas of study.
10+2 with biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance
Examinations. The duration of the course is 4 years.
Popular courses under Mechanical Engineering are provided below:
Certificate in Mechanic of four
- Diploma in Mechatronics.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical & Automation Engineering.
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechatronics.
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.
- Master of Engineering in Tool Design.
- Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering.
Colleges & Universities Offering Mechanical Engineering
Colleges and Universities offering Mechanical Engineering are –
- Achutha Institute of Technology, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- HKBK College of Engineering, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Mechanical Engineering is a very popular course and perhaps one of the oldest also. The list of institutes is exhaustive apart from the few mentioned here. A number of other institutes conduct this course.