Siddha is one of the oldest Indian systems of medicine which has its roots in south India and is popular worldwide. Therapeutic in nature, the system works on the belief that the human body is made of five basic elements namely, earth, water, fire, air and sky and the treatment deals with balancing these elements for a healthy and disease-free life. The Central Council of Indian Medicine controls the education of Siddha system in the country.
The eligibility criteria for Siddha is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Botany.
Popular courses are as given:
- Siddha Courses
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Sciences – BSMS
- MD – Siddha Medicine
College & Universities Offering Siddha
Colleges and universities offering Siddha are :
- The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Government Siddha Medical College, Arumbakkam, Chennai
- Government Siddha Medical College, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu
- Sri Sai Ram Siddha Medical College, Sriperumputhur, Tamil Nadu
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.