As the name suggests, Letter of Inquiry or the Letter of Enquiry is a letter that is written to inquire about something. We are going to share the detailed format of Letter of Inquiry in this article. Students can refer the same to practice for their board exam of class 10th, and 12th.
More Writing Formats You Should Know
Structure of the Letter of Inquiry
Writing a letter of Inquiry has a proper structure, as it comes in the category of formal letters. Here is the entire structure explained point-by-point:
- The letter starts with the address of the Sender. It might include the phone number or email address.
- After adding the address, leave some space and add the date
- Then, add the address of the Receiver
- Now, add the Subject of the letter. Keep it clear and precise, subject should give a clear idea of what you are going to discuss in the letter
- Add salutation, which is an important part of the letter. Otherwise, the letter appears to be rude.
- Then comes the main body of the letter. Avoid writing long paragraphs, always bifurcate body into 3-4 paragraphs. In Para 1, explain yourself also explain the reason behind writing a letter. Then in Para 2, explain the inquiry details and Para 3 should be a closing one, asking for a response in gentle words.
- End by writing your name and designation
Important Resources For Class 12 Board Exams
Format of Letter of Inquiry
Subject: Inquiry about the Exchange Scheme
I saw your advertisement in Amar Ujala today, where you have discussed regarding an exchange scheme. The scheme is regarding the exchange of old utensils with the new non-sticky cookware. I have some old utensils, which I wanted to exchange against the one offered through the exchange scheme.
I request you to kindly explain more about the scheme and all its terms and conditions. Also update me if there is a possibility sending and receiving the items through parcel, or the physical presence is mandatory.
- CBSE Board Exams 2020: 7 Critical Tips For English To Help You Score High, And Not Lose Marks
- CBSE 10th English Communication (101) Sample Papers with Solutions, and Last Minute Revision Tips, Exam Pattern
- CBSE 10th English Language and Literature (184) Sample Papers, Previous Year Papers, and Last Minute Revision Tips
- CBSE Sample Papers 2020 for Class 10 – English Language and Literature
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.