Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) will release the notification for admission into class I, VI, IX and XI for the session 2019-20. AMU School Admission Eligibility rules for each course will be strictly followed and will not be relaxed under any circumstance. Candidate should satisfy himself / herself that he / she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for Aligarh Muslim University Admission to the concerned course of study.
AMU School Admission 2019
Admission test for above class will be held in the month of March & May 2019. After the admission test, AMU will publish the list of shortlisted candidates at the official website.
Schedule for the AMU School Admission 2019 is given below.
|Event||Class I||Class VI||Class IX||Class XI|
|Last date for submitting online application for all classes||2nd week of Feb 2019||2nd week of Feb 2019||2nd week of Feb 2019||1st week of Mar 2019|
|Las date for submitted application at counter by person||2nd week of Feb 2019||–||–||–|
|Las date for submitted application at counter by post||3rd week of Feb 2019||–||–||–|
|Test date||1st week of Mar 2019||2nd week of Mar 2019||3rd week of Mar 2019||Last week of Apr 2019|
AMU Admissions 2019
Aligarh Muslim University will released the schedule and details for AMU admission 2019 – 2020 for various courses. Read the complete information from below. AMU 2019 Admissions to all courses of study are open to Indian Nationals only.
Click here to Check Complete Information of AMU Admissions.
Official Website: www.amucontrollerexams.com
For Class I
- The candidates must be of the age between 5 to 7 years as on March 31, 2019. i.e. the date of Birth of the applicant must lie between April 01, 2012 to March 31, 2014 (both days inclusive)
For Class VI
- Educational Qualification : Passed Class V from a School which is registered and recognized by a competent government authority or is affiliated to an approved Public Examination Board.
Note: For verification, the registration/recognition/or the affiliation number of the School should be clearly mentioned on the qualifying examination’s mark-sheet or certificate.
- Age limit : The candidates must be of the age between 10 to 12 years as on March 31, 2019. i.e. the date of Birth of the applicant must lie between April 01, 2007 to March 31, 2009 (both days inclusive)
For Class IX
- Educational Qualification : Passed Class VIII from a School which is registered and recognized by a competent government authority or is affiliated to an approved Public Examination Board.
Note: For verification, Registration/recognition/or the affiliation number of the School should be clearly mentioned on the qualifying examination’s mark-sheet or certificate
- Age limit : The candidates must be of the age between 13 to 15 years as on March 31, 2019. i.e. the date of Birth of the applicant must lie between April 01, 2004 to March 31, 2006 (both days inclusive)
For Class XI
- Educational Qualification : Secondary School Certificate of this University or its equivalent examination with not less than 45% marks in aggregate of English, Science (including Life Sciences) and Mathematics taken together.
- Age Limit : The age of the candidate must not exceed 19 years as on Ist July in the year of admission.
The application form for Aligarh Muslim University for admission to class I, VI, IX and XI will be filled online and offline from the official website. Application form for above admission are filled as per schedule date on or before the last date. Candidates are advised before filling downloaded application and apply online must ensure their eligibility and other conditions.
Application Form: Application Form will be available at www.amucontrollerexams.com
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Fill up the online and offline application form by candidates carefully from above links. Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper.
- Put signature and paste recent photographs at the designated place on the Application Form.
- Attach the appropriate Demand Draft along with other relevant document(s) with the Application Form and do not fold or mutilate it in any way.
- Hard Copy of the Application Form should be submitted by hand or through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier so as to reach the Nodal Centre of the respective classes on or before the last date of receipt as mentioned in the Guide to Admission (Schools) 2019-20
Document to be submitted
- Candidate must attach the bank counter receipt/challan signed by the respective bank with his / her Application Form. If payment is made online the receipt of the payment be attached along with the hard copy of the application form.
- Attested copy (both sides) of Mark sheets / Grade sheets of qualifying examination. In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared at the time of applying, candidate must submit self- attested photocopies of mark sheets / grade sheets of examination passed in the preceding year.
- Attested copy of date of birth. Certificate issued from Municipal corporation / competent authority/School last attended/copy of passport.
- Attested copy of documents in support of claim under category of Children of AMU Alumni and/or AMU Employee, if any.
- Attested copy of documents in support of claim under category of Physically Challenged/Physically Handicapped candidate, if any.
- Any other relevant document.
Note: Candidates are advised to retain a photocopy of their filled-in form for future reference. Incomplete Application Forms, those received late, without requisite fee and not supported with the required certificates / documents in support of qualifications/ date of birth may be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
The Admit Card can be downloaded from the Controller of examinations website, from the link which will be provided below. It is only after verification of the eligibility that the candidate would be considered for admission. Mere appearing or qualifying in the test does not entitle a candidate for selection / admission.
Any discrepancy in the Admit Card, especially with regard to candidate’s particulars, must be brought to the notice of the School concerned where the Application Form was submitted, by the candidate in writing before the commencement of the Test. Exam Venue date and Time and allotted Test Center of the candidate will be as specified on the Admit Card.
For Class I
- The Written Test will comprise 25 subjective/ objective type questions on English, Arithmetic, Urdu and GK.
For Class VI and IX
The Written Test will comprise two sections as detailed below:
Section-I: It will be of 30 marks comprising 30 Objective type questions (MCQ) of one mark each on Languages (English, Urdu and Hindi)
Section-II: It will be of 70 marks comprising of 70 Objective type questions (MCQ) of one mark each with the following break-up:
- Mathematics : 35 marks
- Science : 35 marks
Note: It is essential that the candidate obtains a minimum of 40% marks in Section-I in the written test to be eligible for interview/ admission.
For Class XI
There will be one objective type paper of 100 marks comprising 100 questions with the following breakup:
- Social Studies (Civics, Economics, History and Geography) : 60 Marks
- Mathematics : 20 Marks
- General Knowledge : 10 Marks
- Indo-Islamic Culture : 10 Marks
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) will release the answer keys of the test held on the scheduled dates for class VI & IX on the official Website. Candidates can check the answer key from the official website. Answer Key will be published after the successful completion of the examination.
For Class I, VI & IX
Through Admission Test.
The Total Merit will have the following components:
- Written Test : 100 Marks
- Interview : 25 Marks
Note: Candidates will be called for Interview on the basis of the performance in the written test. For the candidates who qualify written test, obtaining a minimum of 40% marks in the Interview is essential to become eligible for selection.
For Class XI
Through Admission Test. Allocation of Stream will be offered through Counselling.
Admission to Ahmadi School for the Visually Challenged
Admissions will be open to visually challenged boys and girls of the age group of six to nine years for sensory development class (SD Class). Candidates with earlier Schooling can also be considered for admission upto class ninth on the recommendation of screening committee of the School. Eligible candidates can apply for admission on the prescribed form with the following documents:
- Medical Certificate of Blindness issued by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Five passport size photographs.
- Date of Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Transfer Certificate in case of earlier Schooling at the time of admission.
- Income Certificate of the parents.
- Address proof (Copy of Ration Card/ Driving License/ Copy of Passport/ Aadhar Card /Voter ID Card/ Bank Passbook/ Employment ID Card).
- Photographs of candidate with parents.
- Any other relevant documents.
For Class I, VI & IX
Answer Key 2018 – 19
- Click Here to check the answer key for class VI.
- Click Here to check the answer key for class IX.
- Click Here to apply for objections in the answer key.
Note: Question No. 32 and Q.No. 55 will not be evaluated.
For more details of AMU School Admissions for Class I, VI & IX – Download Information Brochure.
For more details of AMU School Admission for Class XI – Download 2017’s Information Brochure.
Insofar, Official details on AMU School Admissions 2019-20 has not been announced. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Aligarh Muslim University releases AMU School Admissions 2019-20 information brochure, details will be updated here.