Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2017 – 2018 – State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) proposes to hold National Means-cum- Merit Scholarship (NMMS) for Class VIII in Nov at various Centres in Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2017 – 2018
Under NMMS scheme 832 scholarships for students of H.P are given by MHRD, New Delhi. The scholarship worth Rs. 500/- per month will be awarded to the poor meritorious students for 4 years i.e. from class IX to XII. Schedule for the Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2017 – 2018 for Class VIII is given below.
|Last date of submission of Application form||31 Aug 2017|
|Date of Examination||05 Nov 2017|
Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2017 – 2018 has released official Answer Key 2017 for the examinations. Candidates who appeared in the examination can check their answers with the help of this key. Candidate can estimate their marks by cross checking their answers with the official answer key. Official answer key is provided below.
Answer Key: Click here to download Official answer key for HP NMMS 2017 Exam.
Candidates can obtain the Application form for Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2017 from the official website or from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and read the instruction carefully before filling the Application form.
Application process is now closed…!!
Application / Exam Fee
- Rs. 40/- for General Category
- Rs. 30/- for SC/ST/PCG
- Any regular student of Class VIII in academic session 2017-2018 can appear provided he/she has scured 55% or more marks on aggregate in Class VII relaxable by 5% for SC/ST/PCG.
- The student should be studying in Govt./Local Body/95% Govt. aided private school.
- The parental income of the candidate should be less than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum (income Certificate issued by SDM/Tehsildar/Naid Tehsildar must be attached in original).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST must attach attested copy of SC/ST certificate issued by SDM/Tehsildar/Naib Tehsildar.
- Candidats belonging to CWSN Category (Children with special need) should attach photocopy of the Certificate issued by CMO (Chief Medical Officer). The extent of physically disability should be 40% or above.
- A self addressed stamped envelop bearing stamp of Rs. 5/- be attached with the applicatio form otherwise admit card will not be sent.
Candidates make sure theat the Admit Card is attaced with the Application Form. It will be returned to the candidates after the allotment of the Roll Number. Ensure that candidate bring Admit card to the Examination Centre on the Examination date.
The examination conducts in two sessions on the same day.
Candidates will have to take the examination as per details given below.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) which includes test in Language comprehensive and Aptitude Test separately.
- Students shall have to opt for English or Hindi in LT.
Each question carries 1 mark. There will be no negative marking at state level exam.
- Selection process for the award of NMMS scholarship has one stage only.
- The examination will comprise of three tests namely Mental Ability Test (MAT), Language Test (LT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- There will be no negative marking.
- The minimum qualifying marks for general category candidats shall be 40% and for SC/ST/PCG is 32%.
- For selection of candidates for award of scholarship, districtwise merit will be prepared as per quota and norms.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to those selected candidates who secure 55% or more marks in class VIII. There will be relaxation of 5% for SC/ST/PCG.
Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2016 – 2017
State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) has published the list of provisionally selected candidates for award of National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship, Earlier the exam was conducted on 06 Nov 2016. Candidates are now able to check the result for the same.
Answer key of the Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2017 has been released on the official website ‘admis.hp.nic.in’. Candidates who have appeared in the NMMS Examination can check the answer keys on the official website. Direct link to check the answer key is also available on this page.