Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2018 – 2019 – State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) proposes to hold National Means-cum- Merit Scholarship (NMMS) for Class VIII approximately around the month of November at various Centers in Himachal Pradesh. The NMMS examination is conducted every year by SCERT, it was launched in 2008 by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development with the objective to award scholarships to meritorious student of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at secondary stage. All the details and process to register and take the examination is explained in detail further in the article.
Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2018 – 2019
Last year, under NMMS scheme 832 scholarships for students of H.P are given by MHRD, New Delhi. The scholarship worth Rs. 500/- per month will be awarded to the poor meritorious students for 4 years i.e. from class IX to XII. The Schedule for the Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2018 – 2019 for Class VIII is given below.
|Last date to apply||
12 Sep 2018
|Date of Examination||04 Nov 2018|
|Announcement of Results||First week of Feb 2019|
Attendance Sheet: Click here to check the Attendance Sheet for NMMS 2018-19 Examination.
Result for Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2018 – 2019 has been released, candidates can check the same from the link provided below or from the official website. The result has been released in a pdf format containing district wise student name, fathers name, roll. no., school name, category and total score. Check the result from the direct link provided below.
Result: Click here to check the district wise result for Himachal Pradesh NMMS.
- Any regular student of Class VIII in academic session 2018-2019 can appear provided he/she has scured 55% or more marks on aggregate in Class VII relaxable by 5% for SC/ST/PCG.
- The student should be studying in Govt./Local Body/95% Govt. aided private school.
- The parental income of the candidate should be less than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum (income Certificate issued by SDM/Tehsildar/Naid Tehsildar must be attached in original).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST must attach attested copy of SC/ST certificate issued by SDM/Tehsildar/Naib Tehsildar.
- Candidats belonging to CWSN Category (Children with special need) should attach photocopy of the Certificate issued by CMO (Chief Medical Officer). The extent of physically disability should be 40% or above.
- A self addressed stamped envelop bearing stamp of Rs. 5/- be attached with the application form otherwise admit card will not be sent.
Candidates can obtain the Application form for Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2018 from the official website. Candidates must ensure that they fill the form very carefully, any corrections or errors will not be entertained later. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and read the instruction carefully before filling the Application form. The registration process and other related details such as documents required are explained below.
Application Process Over!!
1. Registration for the examination will be made through the school heads only and not
by the students individually.
2. Two copies of Registration-cum-Admit card, one for SCERT and the
other for the institutional records, are to be filled.
3. A consolidated list of the students, must also be send
along with their Registration-cum-Admit cards.
4. Finally, the institution will have to register all the successful candidates on the National
Scholarship Portal (NSP) immediately after the result or as soon as the portal is
activated by the MHRD. If need be, the services of the Complex Schools (GSSS) may be
availed for this purpose.
Documents Required :
Documents for the use of SCERT, Solan
- Registration-cum-Admit card
- Detailed marks list of class VII (photocopy) .
- Latest income certificate(photocopy) i.e. class VIII to class XII. (original copy only)
- Category certificate(photocopy)
- CWSN category certificate from CMO (photocopy)
Documents for school record and online uploading.
- Registration-cum-Admit card
- Detailed marks list of class VII, VIII, IX, X, and XI.
- Latest income certificate of all subsequent years Category certificate(photocopy).
- CWSN category certificate from CMO (photocopy) 5 CWSN category certificate from CMO,(photocopy).
- Student’s Aadhar number.
- Student’s Bank details (i.e. Account number, IFSC
Code, photocopy of the relevant pages of the pass
- Details as per the National Scholarship Portal.
Application / Exam Fee
- Rs. 40/- for General Category
- Rs. 30/- for SC/ST/PCG
Candidates make sure that the Admit Card is attached with the Application Form. It will be returned to the candidates after the allotment of the Roll Number. Ensure that candidate bring Admit card to the Examination Center on the Examination date.
The examination will be conducted in two sessions on the same day.
Candidates will have to take the examination as per details given below.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) which includes test in Language comprehensive and Aptitude Test separately.
- Students shall have to opt for English or Hindi in LT.
Each question carries 1 mark. There will be no negative marking at state level exam.
|Mental ability test (MAT)||100||100||120|
|scholarship aptitude test (SAT)||100||100||120|
Answer Sheet: Click here to check sample OMR Answer sheet for NMMS 2018-19.
- Selection process for the award of NMMS scholarship has one stage only.
- The examination will comprise of three tests namely Mental Ability Test (MAT), Language Test (LT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- There will be no negative marking.
- The minimum qualifying marks for general category candidats shall be 40% and for SC/ST/PCG is 32%.
- For selection of candidates for award of scholarship, districtwise merit will be prepared as per quota and norms.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to those selected candidates who secure 55% or more marks in class VIII. There will be relaxation of 5% for SC/ST/PCG.
Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2016-2017 Answer Key
Answer Key: Click here to download Official answer key for HP NMMS 2017 Exam. Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2016 – 2017 Result State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) has published the list of provisionally selected candidates for award of National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship, Earlier the exam was conducted on 06 Nov 2016. Pradesh NMMS 2017 has been released on the official website ‘admis.hp.nic.in’. Candidates who have appeared in the NMMS Examination can check the answer keys on the official website. Direct link to check the answer key is also available.
For more information regarding NMMS 2018 Click Here