West Bengal NMMS 2022 is the state level National Means Merit Scholarship (NMMS) for class 8th students of West Bengal. West Bengal School Education Department is organizing NMMS West Bengal 2022. Students of West Bengal’s govt, govt aided, local body schools with required marks, and parental income of upto Rs 3.5 lakh can appear in NMMS 2022 – 2023 consisting of MAT and SAT exams. A total of 7250 students in West Bengal will get scholarships of Rs 12000 per year on the basis of West Bengal NMMS 2022-23.
Latest – West Bengal NMMS 2022 exam date has been announced. The exam will be held on 18 December. Also dates for editing the form have been announced.
West Bengal NMMS 2022
West Bengal School Education Department conducts the NMMS 2022-23 exam to implement the central sector scheme National Means Merit Scholarship Scheme of the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education. All important details and updates on NMMS West Bengal 2022 are as follows.
Important Dates of West Bengal NMMS 2022
The important dates of NMMS West Bengal 2022-23 are as follows. However, students should also keep checking the official website scholarships.wbsed.gov.in and local newspapers for changes in schedule.
|Release of notification||Out|
|Release of NMMS West Bengal 2022 Application Form||25 Aug 2022|
|Last date to apply||23 Sep 2022|
|Release of West Bengal NMMS admit card 2022-23||As per West Bengal School Education Department|
|West Bengal NMMS 2022 exam date||18 Dec 2022|
|Issuance of answer key||As per West Bengal School Education Department|
|NMMS West Bengal 2022 result announcement||As per West Bengal School Education Department|
Important PDFs and Official Links
- NMMSE Instructions
- Regarding extension of date of application of students
- Address of Office of District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education) of all districts of West Bengal.
- NMMSE User Manual For Candidates
West Bengal NMMS 2022 – An Overview
Key details of the NMMS exam for West Bengal students are as follows.
|Name of Exam||NMMS West Bengal|
|Full Form of Exam||National Means Merit Scholarship West Bengal|
|Also known as||National Means Merit Scholarship Examination (NMMSE)|
|Organizing Body||West Bengal School Education Department|
(West Bengal School Education Department (WBSED))
|Scholarship Quota for West Bengal (meaning number of students who will get scholarships)||7250|
|Official Website||scholarships.wbsed.gov.in (all websites – scholarships.wbsed.gov.in)|
|Exam Pattern||MAT – 90 MCQs of 90 Minutes|
and SAT – 90 MCQs of 90 Minutes
|Scholarship Amount||Rs 12000 yearly (Rs 1000 per month)|
|Class of students who can appear in NMMS West Bengal||Class 8th|
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of NMMS West Bengal 2022 – 2023
If you apply for NMMS 2022 in West Bengal, then you will appear in a single exam with two tests as follows.
|Test||No. and Type of Qs||Duration||Syllabus|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||90 MCQs||90 minutes||Questions testing verbal non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||90 MCQs||90 minutes||questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.|
To prepare for the NMMS West Bengal exam, you can refer to previous year question papers. Also study class 7, 8 syllabus thoroughly.
West Bengal NMMS 2022 Application Form
Students in West Bengal who wish to appear in the National Means Merit Scholarship exam should first apply for it. Important points to note for registration are as follows.
- West Bengal School Education Department releases the West Bengal NMMS Application Form 2022.
- You should check for the online application form at scholarships.wbsed.gov.in.
- In West Bengal, you can also contact your school teachers and principals to know more about NMMS application form 2022 – 2023.
- Fill all details in the application form of West Bengal NMMS 2022 correctly.
- And finally, submit your application before the last date of NMMS West Bengal application form given in the calendar.
Students in West Bengal should apply for NMMS only if they are eligible. Critical points of NMMS eligibility criteria are as follows. Please also read NMMS West Bengal 2022-2023 brochure or notice and official website scholarships.wbsed.gov.in for detailed eligibility criteria.
|School||Government, or Government-aided, or Local body school|
|Minimum marks||55% in class 7 (5% relaxation for SC, ST)|
|Parental income||Rs 3.5 lakh per annum|
West Bengal NMMS 2022 Admit Card
The admit card of NMMS exam tells you the exam date, time, and center in West Bengal. Therefore you should get your West Bengal NMMS admit card before appearing in the exam. Read the following key points.
- Check how to get or download NMMS West Bengal admit card 2022-2023 at scholarships.wbsed.gov.in.
- You can also enquire from West Bengal School Education Department.
- You should have your application form details in order to get the NMMS admit card for West Bengal National Means Merit Scholarship exam.
- After getting the admit card, check timings for West Bengal NMMS exam and center.
- Remember to take the NMMS West Bengal admit card and other documents on day of exam.
West Bengal NMMS 2022 Answer Key
If you appeared in the exam then you can check the answer key of NMMS West Bengal 2022-23 exam once the exam ends. Here is how:
- The NMMS West Bengal answer key 2022 contains correct answers of all questions asked in MAT, SAT question papers.
- You can check the official answer key at scholarships.wbsed.gov.in.
- However, you can also get unofficial answer keys from West Bengal’s coaching centers.
- Use the answer keys to know correct answers and calculate marks.
West Bengal NMMS 2022 Result
All students eagerly wait for the NMMS West Bengal result 2022 as soon as exam ends. However NMMS result announcement takes some time.The result date of NMMS West Bengal 2022-23 is as per the SCERT. Here are the key details of NMMS West Bengal result 2022 – 2023.
- West Bengal School Education Department declares NMMS West Bengal result 2022.
- The official website for result is scholarships.wbsed.gov.in.
- The result of the NMMS exam is published in the form of NMMS West Bengal merit list 2022.
- Merit list contains names and details of all students who have been selected for the scholarships in West Bengal through NMMS scheme.
- As per the Ministry of Education, Central Government’s scheme, the quota of scholarships for West Bengal state is 7250. Which means that the total number of students who will get scholarships via NMMSSE 2022-23 is 7250.
- If your name is in the NMMS West Bengal result, then congratulations! You have been selected for the scholarship. Please contact the West Bengal School Education Department and your school to know how to avail the scholarship.
- However, if you have not qualified for the scholarship, then do not be discouraged. You can start preparing for the NTSE exam starting from today.
West Bengal NMMS 2022 Cut Off
In order to qualify for the NMMS 2022 scholarship, you must:
- Pass both test i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40% in aggregate (32% for SC, ST).
Therefore the cut off is as follows
|SC / ST||32%|
Note that students must satisfy other eligibility criteria and complete verification process as per West Bengal School Education Department in order to get the scholarships.
The official website for notification, application form, admit card, answer key result of West Bengal NMMS 2022-23 is scholarships.wbsed.gov.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.