The National Means cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS) is a centrally sponsored scheme conducted by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD). The government of India provides the scholarship to 100,000 meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs.1,50,000/- per annum from all sources. Dates for Rajasthan NMMS 2021 examination will be announced later. The students who are selected for NMMS examination and have passed eighth class are given scholarships from class IX to class XII.
Latest: Rajasthan NMMS 2021 application form has been started. Scroll down apply.
Rajasthan NMMS 2021
The State Institute for Educational Research & Training (SIERT), Udaipur has been released the Rajasthan NMMS 20221 application form online. Check more details about Rajasthan NMMS 20221 in the article below.
Schedule for the Rajasthan NMMS 2021 is given below.
|Start of online application||04 Jan 2021|
|End of online submission||26 Jan 2021|
|Date of examination||to be announced|
The application process for Rajasthan NMMS 2021 is available at the official website. Students can apply online form NMMS through National Scholarship Portal. The link of downloading the application form is provided below. candidates can check the information regarding the NMMS Application Form below.
In the case of offline mode, students have to submit the filled NMMS Application form along with necessary documents to the school in which a student is studying. Candidates whose forms are accepted will be able to collect the admit cards from their respective schools, a few days before the exam. Follow the below instructions to submit the NMMS Application form successfully :
- Candidates can obtain the NMMS Application form through online mode, and two attested hard copy of the application form with essential documents should be submitted to the respective school. The head of school must forward the applications to nodal schools and retain one copy for school record.
- Candidates could download the NMMS application form of their respective state by clicking on the link below
Application Form: Click here to view application for Rajasthan NMMS 2021.
Documents Required for NMMS Application Form
With the NMMS Application form, students have to attach a few documents. All the documents should be attested by the principal of the school and parents. Check the necessary documents that one should attach with NMMS application form-
- class 7th mark sheet (only from government schools)(compulsory)
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate of Parents(compulsory)
- Disability Certificate
- The candidates who wish to apply for this MCM scholarship must be regular students studying in class 8 after getting clear promotion from class 7 with a score of at least 55% or equivalent grades.
- The candidates must be pursuing education from Government/Local Body/Government-aided schools.
- For continuation of scholarship in higher secondary school, the candidate must score at least 60% marks in class 10 board exam
- For continuing the scholarship in class 12, the scholarship awardee must get clear promotion from class 11 in the first attempt itself with a score of 55% marks or equivalent. For students belonging to SC/ST category, a relaxation of 5% is given in marks.
- The candidates’ annual family income should not be more than INR 1.5 Lakh.
- Also, those students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik schools and private schools are not eligible for this NMMS scholarship.
These tests include a mental ability test and a scholastic aptitude test whose guidelines are set by the NCERT. The applicants need to complete each test in a maximum time duration of 90 minutes. However, children of special abilities are given some extra time to complete the tests. Given below are the details about this State Level Examination Test.
Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- This test examines the reasoning abilities and critical thinking of students through 90 multiple-choice questions. Most of the questions may be based on topics like analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures.
- This test also includes Hindi and English proficiency test.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- SAT consists of 90 multiple-choice questions.
- The syllabus of SAT covers the subjects of science, social studies and mathematics as per the syllabus of class 7 and 8.
The Admit Card for the candidate will be released. The candidate can download the admit card by putting required details as per the schedule. If any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will be issued against them.
NMMS Answer Key
The SIERT will release the Answer key for NMMS 2021 after the successful conduction of the examination. The Answer Key consists of the correct answer to the questions in the entrance exam. With the help of Rajasthan NMMS 2021 Answer Key, students can cross-check their answer with that in the answer key, calculate their probable score and estimate their chances of qualifying the test, The students need to add and deduct marks as per the marking scheme given by the State Institute for Educational Research & Training.
Rajasthan NMMS 2021 National means cum Result for class 8 will be announced. Candidates those who have qualified for the examination, their name will be mentioned in the merit list. Candidates can check their NMMS result by clicking on the link that will be provided below after result declaration.
NMMS Cut Off
The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks. The cut off for Rajasthan National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Examination will release after the completion of the examination successfully.
Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks.
At the time of selection for the award of scholarship, the student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST students.
Official Website: education.rajasthan.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.