|ANTHE'18 for Class 8, 9, 10. 100% Scholarship. Cash Rewards.||Apply Now!|
Meghalaya National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Examination 2018-19 is a flagship activity of the NCERT New Delhi started in the year 2008 conducted for awarding a scholarship to eligible candidates for class VIII for the state of Meghalaya. Candidates can scroll down to check further information regarding Meghalaya NMMS 2018 – 2019 for Class VIII.
Meghalaya NMMS 2018 – 2019 for Class VIII
The agency that will be conducting NMMS 2018 Examination is DERT, Shillong for the Meghalaya state eligible candidates. Candidates can check the Meghalaya NMMS schedule as given below.
|Last date of submission of application form||28 Sep 2018|
|Date of examination||3 Nov 2018|
Candidates before applying must check their eligibility criteria before applying for Meghalaya NMMS 2018. Below, following last year’s criterion, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria as follows:
- Candidates should be currently reading in Class VIII in Govt/Govt. Aided/local body schools.
- Candidates should have scored at least 55% (50% for SC/ST) marks in Class VII Promotion Examination.
- Candidates studying in Kendriya Vidyalayas, Jawahar Navodayas and residential schools run by Central and State Government are not entitled to scholarship under NMMS Scheme.
- Parental annual income from all sources should not exceed 1,50,000/- (Rupees one lakhs fifty thousand) only.
Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website or through the direct link that is provided on our page, the application process for the same has started now. Eligible candidates may take help from their teacher/parent for filling up the application form.
Apply Now: Candidates can apply for Meghalaya NMMS 2018 by Clicking Here.
Read Instruction carefully before filling up the Application Form.
- Use only Blue or Black Ball Point Pen. WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Do not mark or write outside the boxes.
- Leave one box blank between two words. Limit your name and/or address within the space provided for it.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate and the principal of the school to deposit the filled in the form with the state concerned Officer before the last date. No request for condoning the delay in submission will be entertained whether it is due to the fault of the Candidate or the Headmaster/Principal of his/her institution.
- Incomplete or defensive applications are liable to be rejected.
The application fee for Meghalaya NMMS 2018 as of now has not been mentioned. As per last year’s pattern, candidates must take a note that while filling in the Application form, the application fee if not specified, they will have to write NIL.
Document to be submitted along with application forms
- Two passport size
- Xerox copy of Progress Report/Report Card of the last promotion examination
- Xerox copy of SC/ST Certificate for SC/ST candidates
- Disability Status Certificate from the Component Authority for NTS/NMMS (if any)
- Income certificate from the competent authority
The admit card fo Meghalaya NMMS 2018 will be released officially once the application process is over. Candidates must note that the Admit card will not be detached from the application form. Admit card will be sent to the chief superintendent of the examination centre after allotting the Roll Numbers. Candidate will be able to collect the Admit card from the Centre Superintendent of the examination centre at least one week before the examination. On the day of the examination, candidates will have to reach the examination centre at least half an hour before the commencement of the examination; and occupy the seat that will bear their respective Roll Number.
Note: DO NOT take mobile phones, calculator, Mathematical or Physical table or any other kind of ready reckoner to the examination hall.
The examination will be conducted in two sessions on the same day. Each question will carry one mark. It will be divided into two sections:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and
|Type of Test||No. of Questions||Time Limit|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||90||90 Minutes + 30 mins for differently abled candidates|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||90||90 Minutes + 30 mins for differently abled candidates|
The applicants are requested to refer/consult State Liaison Officer for the composition of the test.
The result of Meghalaya NMMS 2018 – 2019 for Class VIII will be announced after the exam has been conducted. Interested candidates will be able to check from the link that will be mentioned on our page once the result is out officially. The selected candidates, as per last year, will be requested to open an individual/joint account in any nationalized bank which has core banking facility & submit the completely filled-in claim bill duly certified by the principal of the school.
For more information on Meghalaya NMMS 2018, candidates can check the Advertisement.
Official Website: www.megeducation.gov.in