4th International English Olympiad (IEO) 2015
The International English Olympiad (IEO) is a one-of-a-kind examination, and first in the history of English language testing in India.
Structure and Pattern of the Examination
The competition is a written test of 60 minutes duration comprising of objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions. Each correct answer carries marks. There will be a separate question paper for each class. The question papers will consists of different sections.
For class 1 to 4: The participant has to answer 35 questions in 60 minutes.
For class 5 to 12: The participant has to answer 50 questions in 60 minutes.
For class 11 to 12: For class 11 and 12 NSO paper, Achievers’ section, Physics & Chemistry sections are common, students may choose between Mathematics or Biology as the fourth section.
Other Important Information
- Marks obtained in the exam.
- In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will be determined on following priority and criteria:
- Marks obtained in different sections of the exam. Each section is accorded separate weightage.
- Student’s performance in school during the previous year- as mentioned in the OMR. This may be verified at the discretion of SOF. Student not stating past year’s performance may not be considered for ranking in case of a tie.
- Age of the student – with greater preference being given to the younger student.
- Telephonic or personal Interview may be conducted.
- No two students will be given same rank. However, in case 2 or more students score equally on all parameters defined above, the award may be distributed equally among all winners.
Clarifications : Any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc., may be sought from the National Coordinator through e-mail/fax/phone-call at [email protected]
Telefax: 0124- 4951200, 09312680857
Address : Plot No 99, Sector 44
Gurgaon – 122003