Biotechnology engineering is a branch of engineering where technology is combined with biology for research and development. Biotechnology involves wide range of subjects such as engineering, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, and chemistry.
There are various applications of biotechnology in fields such as animal husbandry, growth of vaccines and medicines, agriculture, pollution control, energy production and conservation, healing of prolonged disease and ecological conservation such as Gene therapy, Tissue culture, Immune technologies, Genetic Engineering, drug design, Stem cell techniques, New DNA technologies, Photosynthetic efficiency, Enzyme engineering and technology.
The eligibility criteria for Biotechnology Engineering is given below.
10+2 examination with biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E). The duration of the course is 4 years.
Popular courses under Biotechnology Engineering are provided below:
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Bioprocess Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology
- Master of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Master of Technology in Biotechnology
Colleges & Universities Offering Aeronautical Engineering
Colleges and Universities offering Biotechnology Engineering are –
- Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology (AVIT), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), Guntur, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh,
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu,
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.