Civil Engineering involves planning, designing and executing structural works. The course deals with a wide variety of engineering tasks including designing, supervision and construction activities of public works like roads, bridges, tunnels buildings, airports, dams, water works, sewage systems, ports etc. and offers a multitude of challenging career opportunities. A civil engineer is responsible for planning and designing a project, constructing the project to the required scale, and maintenance of the product.
The major specialisations within civil engineering are structural, water resources, environmental,
construction, transportation, geotechnical engineering, etc.
10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects.
Popular courses under Civil Engineering are provided below:
- B. Tech
- M. Tech (Dual Degree)
- Ph. D
Colleges & Universities Offering Chemical Engineering
Colleges and Universities offering Civil Engineering are –
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Calicut University, Malappuram
- Calicut University, Kerala.
- Aliah University, Kolkata
- Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, Rajasthan
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University New Delhi