Textile engineering courses deal with the application of scientific and engineering principles to the design and control of all aspects of fibres, textiles, and apparel processes, products, and machinery.
The eligibility criteria for Textile Engineering is given below –
- 10th / 12th for Diploma in Textile Engineering.
- 10+2 with PCM for B.E. / B. Tech.
- B. E. /B. Tech for M. Tech / Post Graduate Diploma in Textile.
Popular courses under Textile Engineering are provided below:
- 3 year Diploma course in Textile Engineering/ Textile Chemical Processing Technology (DCTPT), Textile Colour and Design (DTCD).
- B.E. / B. Tech in Textile Engg. / Textile chemistry / Textile Technology / Textile plant Engineering.
- M. Tech in Textile / Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Chemical Processing (PGDTCP).
Colleges & Universities Offering Textile Engineering
Colleges and Universities offering Textile Engineering are –
- Government SKSJ Technological Institute, K R Circle, Bengaluru
- College of Textile Technology, Behrampur, Murshidabad
- Institute of Textile Technology, Cuttack, Odisha
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Government Central Textile Institute, Kanpur.
- South Gujarat University, College of Engineering & Technology, Surat, Gujarat.
- University of Bombay, Department of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.