All the 10thies and 12thees appearing for their CBSE class 10, 12 English board exam here is the formal letter format for Letter of Complain. We know that the exam is at the door and for last-minute revision, we have decided to help you up. Do you know what is the marking scheme of the letter-writing as per CBSE guidelines? If not worry not check the CBSE prescribed complaint letter format for CBSE Class 10 or 12 and also a perfect sample of the same.
More Writing Formats You Should Know
Complaint Letter Format For CBSE Class 10, and Class 12
There are 2 types of format for letter writing in CBSE. They are formal and informal. The letter of complaint falls under the formal category. As per CBSE, a complaint letter must have the below-given parts:
- Format / Layout
Now let us see what these 3 areas must have:
1. Format / Layout
By format, it is meant the overall structure of the letter that is being written. The structure must be as per the arrangements below:
- Sender’s Address
- Designation and Address of the receiver
- Subject heading
- Body of the letter
- Complimentary close etc as per requirements
Important Resources For Class 12 Board Exams
The sample of the complaint letter for CBSE Class 10 is given below:
This is the body of the letter. The following things must be taken care while writing the body
- Student’s best use of creativity in presenting their ideas
- Various formats can be used in the body of the letter. Like bullets and numbering or paragraph wise writing.
- The message must be clear and direct
- Grammatical errors must not be there.
- Spellings and appropriate use of words must be done.
This means how well the thought in the letter has been expressed. The letter of complaint is formal. Thus, students must use a direct way of communicating their thoughts. Formal words and phrases like kindly, please consider, taking into consideration, my apologies, in regards, etc. can be used to express the thoughts in a formal complaint letter.
Marking Scheme of Complaint Letter For CBSE Class 10
As per CBSE, the students can check below the marking scheme of for letter writing:
|Format / Layout||1 marks|
- Grammatical accuracy, appropriate words, and spelling – 1.5 marks
- Coherence and relevance of ideas and style – 1.5 marks
Note: For class 12, a letter of complaint is of 6 marks.
Tips to Write a Good Complaint Letter
The format and the grammars can be aced by many. The key point is to ace the language and expression of the thought in the letter. Here are a few tips to get hold of this area:
- Use polite yet assertive phrases
- Specify the action that you want to be taken in the letter in a respective manner.
- Do not forget to write the details of the purchase / issue that you are complaining about.
- Mention the complaints as directly as possible and in easy to understand manner.
Hope this article is of help. All the best to the students for CBSE boards. Be on time for the exam day, and do not fret too much over the results..!
- CBSE Board Exams 2020: 7 Critical Tips For English To Help You Score High, And Not Lose Marks
- CBSE 10th English Communication (101) Sample Papers with Solutions, and Last Minute Revision Tips, Exam Pattern
- CBSE 10th English Language and Literature (184) Sample Papers, Previous Year Papers, and Last Minute Revision Tips
- CBSE Sample Papers 2020 for Class 10 – English Language and Literature
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.