Silverzone International Olympiad of English Language (iOEL) 2017-18 – The International Olympiad of English Language (iOEL), a test of competence and knowledge in the subject of English Language, is held annually at the National and International levels, based on syllabus prescribed by CBSE/ICSE and the State Boards. Detailed syllabus with sample question paper is provided along with this Information Booklet. Please refer to the books published by SilverZone for the preparation of iOEL or visit www.silverzone.org. iOEL recommends the competition for each and every student who is Studying English Language as their subject in the school.
- As iOEL is being organized at National and International level, due to various reasons, it is not possible to conduct the olympiad on a specific single date. The Informatics Olympiad will be conducted on 08th November 2017 and 07th December 2017. Please decide the date which is suitable to your school.
- You may opt for either 08th November 2017 or 07th December 2017 as your International Olympiad of English Language date. Last date of registration is 30th September 2017.
- The Result of the 1st Level will be available at www.silverzone.org in the month of January 2018.
- The 2nd Level will be conducted in the month of Jan/Feb 2018. The Awards, prizes and certificates will be sent to the school within 3 to 4 weeks after the declaration of result.
- All the participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC).
- Level 3 will be conducted in the Month of July/August 2018 at New Delhi.
- The Registration for iOEL’18 has already been started.
- The Venue of the 1st and 2nd Level Olympiad will be the school itself; whereas 3rd level will be conducted at New Delhi.
Answer Key of Silverzone International Olympiad of English Language (iOEL) 2017 has been released. Candidates can check the answer key through the direct link provided below.
Answer Key: Click Here to check iOEL 2017 Answer Key.
iOEL Test Paper
The language medium is English only. The examination is being conducted for all classes from 1st to 12th with the following details.
- For Classes 1-2: There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
- For Classes 3-12: There will be 50 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
The details of the manner in which the test is to be conducted will be sent with the question papers. The questions will be of objective type in nature with multiple choice answers. There is no negative marking.For classes 3rd onward OMR answer sheets will be provided.
Fee Structure and Study Material
For Schools Outside India : The participation fee for the Olympiad is USD$8 per student, out of which USD$2 shall be retained by the school against its expenses towards honorarium of the invigilator(s) and other expenses like postal expenses, DD charges and photocopying, etc.
Study Material (For Classes 1st to 10th) : The cost of Olympiad Comprehensive Book (USD$4) and Computer Olympiad Excellence Guide (USD$10) is not included in the fee.
For Schools in India : The participation fee for the Olympiad is Rs. 120/- per student, out of which Rs. 20/- shall be retained by the school as its expenses towards honorarium of the invigilator(s) and other expenses like postal expenses, DD charges and photocopying, etc.
Study Material (For Classes 1st to 10th) : The cost of Olympiad Comprehensive Book (Rs. 80/-) and Computer Olympiad Excellence Guide (Rs. 200/-) is not included in the fee.
- For Payment mode in India and Aborad, please refer to the ‘School Registration Form’.