UIEO Sample Questions
Class – II
1. I _____ very hungry yesterday.
(A) am (B) is (C) are (D) was
2. I had _____ yellow flower and I put it in _____ urn.
(A) an, an (B) a, an (C) an, a (D) an, the
3. There is a _____ of lions in our city zoo.
(A) flock (B) pride (C) group (D) chain
4. Arrange the jumbled words of the sentence properly.
Come I with may you?
(A) May I come you with?
(B) May come I with you?
(C) May I come with you?
(D) I may come with you?
5. Ram: Hello, Mom! My school has closed early. _______
(A) Do you mind playing with me?
(B) Could you please go home?
(C) Please come and pick me.
(D) Please let me come home early.
Class – III
1. Are there _____ balloons for _____ child?
(A) a few, each (B) enough, every (C) several, every (D) much, each
2. Choose the words with the correct spelling.
(A) OCCURANCE (B) OCURENCE (C) OCCURRENSE (D) OCCURRENCE
3. That which allows air to pass
(A) transparent (B) breezy (C) porous (D) polished
4. Which word makes the second pair SIMILAR to the first pair?
Happiness : Emotion : : Thanksgiving :
(A) Job (B) Meal (C) Help (D) Holiday
5. Varun: Good morning, sir! _______
(A) Give answers to my questions.
(B) Give me the information I need.
(C) May I come in?
(D) May I play now?
Class – IV
1. We _____ to the beach last weekend.
(A) drive (B) driven (C) driving (D) drove
2. Unscramble the word and then find its antonym (the word OPPOSITE in meaning).
(A) shady (B) tall (C) colourful (D) bright
3.Choose the pair of words that is related to the given pair in a similar way.
Angry : Annoying : :
(A) Ruined : Ugly (B) Distressed : Sad (C) Depressed : Intelligent (D) Arrogant : Clever
4. Choose the words with the correct spelling.
(A) LYSENCE (B) LIECENCE (C) LYSANCE (D) LICENCE
5. ______: Good evening, Miss! I’m so glad you could come.
(A) Ram greeted
(B) Ram welcomed
(C) Ram invited
(D) Ram complimented
Class – V
1. By the end of this month, I _____ worked here for ten years.
(A) will had (B) will have (C) have (D) have been
2. Renu is studying in _____ university in America.
(A) a (B) an (C) the (D) No article required
3. Give one word for the following :
To attack and occupy
(A) Board (B) Evade (C) Inhabit (D) Invade
4. Select the antonym for : Upright
(A) Elongated (B) Unethical (C) Levelled (D) Stretched
5. Meena: Would you like to have one more sweet?
Reena: ______ I have already taken a lot.
(A) I will like one more, please.
(B) I like them very much, only one please.
(C) I would love to, though I can’t.
(D) I want more. Do not mind.
Class – VI
1.Change the sentence from the Active to the Passive voice.
We may buy the house.
(A) The house might be bought by us. (B) The house may be bought. (C) The house may have been bought by us. (D) The house may buy it.
2. Rama: Hey, look where you are going !
Vani: Oh, I’m terribly sorry, _____.
(A) I’m not noticing (B) I wasn’t noticing (C) I haven’t noticed (D) I don’t notice
3. We shall go unless we are _____.
(A) forbade (B) forbid (C) forbidden (D) forbidding
4. Choose the part that has an error.
She is too upset that she cannot see the reality.
(A) She is too (B) upset that (C) she cannot (D) see the reality.
5. Elder sister : What is it? Speak louder. _______
Younger sister : Come home quickly so I can play.
(A) Your voice is clear. (B) The line is bad.
(C) The telephone is working well. (D) I am on the phone.
Class – VII
Change the sentence from the Passive to the Active voice.
The bird was hit with a stone.
(A) A stone hit the bird. (B) Let him hit the bird by a stone.
(C) You hit a stone at the bird. (D) He hit the bird with a stone.
2. Jane was as cool as a _____ even though she failed in the exam.
(A) lettuce (B) yam (C) cabbage (D) cucumber
3. Choose the part that has an error.
Letters F.R.C.P. after his name show that he is a medical specialist.
(A) Letters F.R.C.P. (B) after his name (C) show that he (D) is a medical specialist.
4. Choose the pair that is related to the first pair in a similar way.
Overt : Hidden : : ?
(A) Silver : Jewellery (B) Dress : Gown (C) Idea : Belief (D) Liberal : Conservative
5. Jonny : Should I take part in the contest?
_______: Of course, you should.
(A) Ravi appealed (B) Ravi reminded (C) Ravi suggested (D) Ravi encouraged
Class – VIII
Change the sentence from the Active to the Passive voice.
1. They knew that there were no tigers in Africa.
(A) It was known that they had no tigers in Africa.
(B) It was known that there were no tigers in Africa.
(C) In Africa they knew there were no tigers.
(D) That there are no tigers is known to them.
2. Choose the part that has an error.
Are you here in a holiday or on business?
(A) Are you (B) here in (C) a holiday or (D) on business?
Choose the pair of words that is related to the first pair in a similar way.
3. Invective : Blame : : ?
(A) Depravity : Copy (B) Masonry : Decline (C) Duplicity : Increase (D) Homage : Honour
4. Motorists are prohibited _____ parking _____ the kerbs with yellow lines.
(A) in, within (B) from, among (C) from, along (D) onto, around
5. Anitha: Rita, are you free this evening?
Rita : Yes.
(A) How about giving me a treat?
(B) I would like to invite you to my house.
(C) Please invite me.
(D) Have you received my invitation letter?
Class – IX
1. A _____ of salt is all it takes to make this soup taste better.
(A) little (B) drop (C) pinch (D) few
2. You _____ travel with them if there _____ space for you in their car.
(A) will be able to, is (B) will be able to, were (C) can, was (D) can, would be
3. Choose the part that has an error.
Do not be fooled with his wise look. He is rather ignorant.
(A) Do not be (B) fooled with his (C) wise look. He (D) is rather ignorant.
4. Choose the pair of words that is related to the first pair in a similar way. Placid : Tumultuous : : ?
(A) Coveted : Desired (B) Reviled : Despised (C) Unconventional : Irregular (D) Credible : Dubious
5. Ram : You are going on a long drive.
Raj : Yes, it’s a drive of eighty odd miles.
Ram : The route is rocky.
Raj : _______
(A) I’ll be back two days later. (B) I’ll keep to the right side.
(C) I always drive well. (D) I have spares, to be on the safe side.
Class – X
1. Ali donated some of his savings to the children society.
(A) Ali donated (B) some of
(C) his savings to (D) the children society.
2. Choose the pair of words that is related to the first pair in a similar way. Clemency : Forgiveness : : ?
(A) Ardour : Passion (B) Oblivion : Repair (C) Digestion : Cuisine (D) Intoxication : Sobriety
3. The hospital received a big donation from the _____ businessman.
(A) callous (B) righteous (C) caring (D) generous
4. We _____ on a picnic if the weather _____ fine.
(A) will go, is to be
(B) shall go, is
(C) shall have gone, were
(D) would go, is
5. Ramesh : Would you like to go to the picture with me? Hari accepted : _______
(A) I’d have loved to.
(B) With you? Never again.
(C) Why not? I’ve nothing on at the moment.
(D) Thanks. I don’t really enjoy film-shows.