Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas offers admission in Class IX, against the vacant seats, which are likely to be available during the academic year 2019-20. The admission will be through an All India Test which was conducted on 02 Feb 2019 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, district concerned. The medium of the test will be English/Hindi. Candidates can check the detail of JNV Lateral Entry Test 2019 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
JNV Lateral Entry Test 2019
Candidates seeking admission in JNV Lateral Entry Test 2019 can apply online from the official website. The main objective of these Vidyalayas is to provide quality modern education to the children predominantly from rural areas. Though the admission into these Vidyalayas is at Class VI, it is intended to fill vacant seats with a lateral entry test at Class IX level. Application forms for the Lateral Entry admission has been released by JNV and it will end on 30 Nov 2018. The result of the Selection Test will be notified by the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published on the website of JNVs concerned.
Schedule for the JNV Lateral Entry Test 2018 is given below.
|Availability of Application form||15 Oct 2018|
|Last date of submission of application form||30 Nov 2018|
|Dispatch of Admit card||01 Jan 2019|
|Date of Examination||2 Feb 2019|
|Dispatch of Selection list||Released!|
JNV Lateral Entry Result 2019
Selection Test for admission to Class IX will be conducted as per schedule above in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district. The result of the Selection Test will be notified by the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published on the website of JNVs concerned. Selected candidates will also be intimated by post.
- Click here to check Provisional Select list of class IX Lateral Entry Selection Test-2019.
- Click here to check Result for lateral entry admission to Class IX ( 2019-20) against vacant seats.
- Click here to check the notice for JNV lateral entry admission to Class IX.
JNV Lateral Entry Admit Card 2019
Admit Card for appearing at the Selection Test has been issued to the candidates. If the candidates does not get the Admit Card, he/she must contact the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for obtaining the Admit Card. Link to download the admit card has been provided below for the sake of candidates.
Admit Card: Click here to download the JNV Lateral Entry Admit card 2019.
JNV Lateral Entry Application Form 2019
The Prospectus-cum-Application form containing detailed instructions can be download from the link provided below. Application forms can be filled from the JNV official website www.nvshq.org or from the direct link provided below. Application Form duly completed in all respect and submitted online or on before the last date.
Application Process Over!!
- Click here to apply now for the Lateral Entry Admission.
- Click here to login in for the Lateral Entry Application Form.
- Only those candidates who are studying/have studied Class VIII during the Academic Session 2018-19 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
- Candidate appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2018-19 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2003 and 30.04.2007 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the candidate before the admission is given.
The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified is reserved for the SC/ST students. For vacancy position, the website of NVS(HQ) may be referred.
JNV Lateral Entry Exam Pattern
Selection Test will consist of subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English, and Hindi. The difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII.
Nature of Selection Test
Time Duration: 2 ½ hours (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM).
The test will be of objective type with 2 ½ hours duration without any break.
Exam Centre: Centre for examination will be in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya the district concerned/any other center allotted by NVS. If there is any change, the same will be indicated in the admit card.
Medium of Language: Both in English and Hindi.
JNV Lateral Entry Selection Procedure
Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon the candidate to secure admission into JNV till the candidate produces all the relevant certificates such as birth certificate, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate, if any, as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling.
Candidates will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
At the time of admission, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) Scheduled Tribes (STs) & Other Backward Classes (OBCs) categories will have to produce the required Scheduled Caste/Tribe or OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority.
In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the candidates.
Official Website: www.nvshq.org.
For more detail of JNV Lateral Entry Test 2019 – Download Prospectus