Class 10 Social Science Federalism – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Federalism. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Federalism
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Federalism
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Maths Social Science Federalism
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Federalism from this article.
Features of Federalism
- There are two or more levels of Govt.
- Different tiers of Govt. govern the same citizens, but each tier has its own jurisdiction in specific matters of legislation, taxation and administration.
- The jurisdictions of the respective levels or tiers of Govt are specified in the constitution.
- Require the consent of both the levels of Govt.
- Courts have the power to interpret the constitution and the powers of different levels of Govt.
- An ideal federal system has both aspects : mutual trust and agreement to live together.
- The first route involves independent states coming together on their own to form a bigger unit.
- The second route is where a large country decides to divide its power between the constituent states and the national Govt.
Federalism in India
- The constitution originally provided for a two tier system of Govt the union Govt or what we call the Central Govt, representing the union of India and the state Govt. later, a third tier of federalism was added in the form of Panchayats and Municipalities.
- Constitution clearly provided a three fold distribution of legislative powers between the union Govt and the state Govt :
- Union list : Defence of the country foreign affairs, banking.
- State List : Police, trade, commerce, agriculture.
- Concurrent List : Education, Forest, Trade Union, Marriage.
- Residuary Subject : Computer software
- Only Jammu & Kashmir has their own constitution.
Decentralization in India
- When power is taken away from central and State Govt. and given to local Govt. it is called decentralisation.
- The basic idea behind decentralisation is that there are a large number of problems and issues which are best settled at the local level.
- Local govt. get constitutional importance in democracy.
- And representation of women may also increased with this role played by women in democracy became more stronger.
1. What do you mean by Federalism?
2. What do you mean by jurisdiction?
3. How many lists we have retated to legislative powers?
4. What do you mean by decentralisation?
5. What is the main difference between a federal form of Govt and a unitary one?
Explain with an example?
6. How power shared between Central and State Govt. in Federalism.
7. Write main features of Federal Government?
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.