Class 10 Social Science Popular Struggles and Movements – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Popular Struggles and Movements. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Popular Struggles and Movements.
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Popular Struggles and Movements
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Social Science Popular Struggles and Movements
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Popular Struggles and Movements from this article.
Establishment of democracy in Nepal.
Meaning of the word democracy : – Democracy is the govt of the people, for the people and by the people. The aims of movement for democracy in Nepal : The Nepalese movement for democracy arose with the specific objectives of reversing the kings orders that led to suspension of democracy. Establishment of democracy in Nepal :
- Democracy established in Nepal in 1990.
- King Birendra accepted it.
- King Gyanendra the new king of Nepal was not prepared to accept democratic rule after the death of king Birendra.
- The king dismissed the popularly elected Parliament.
- The movement of April 2006 was aimed at regaining popular control over the govt from the king and establish democracy means the govt of the people.
All the major parties of parliament formed a seven party alliance. (SPA) and called for a four day strike in Kathmandu, the country’s capital.
- On 21st April the protestors served an ultimatum to the king.
- 24th April 2006 was the last day of the ultimatum, the king was forced to concede all the demands.
- The SPA choose Girija Parasad Koirala as new Prime Minister of the interim govt. The parliament passed laws taking away most of the powers of the king. This struggle came to be known as Nepal’s second movement for democracy.
1. What was SPA?
2. What was the main demands of people of Nepal?
3. What was the aims of movement for democracy in Nepal?
4. When did the protestors served ultimatum to the king?
5. How was democracy established in Nepal?
Sectional Interest groups and Public Interest Group meaning of Interest
Usually interest groups seek to promote the interests of a particular section or group of society.
Sectional Interest Groups :- They are sectional because they represent a section of society-workers, employees, business, persons, industrialists, followers of religion, caste group etc.
Features : Their principal concern is the betterment and well being of their members, not society in general.
Public Interest Groups : Public interest group promote collective rather than selective goods. They aim to help groups other than their own members.
Example : BAMCEF (Backward and minorities community employees federation).
1. Distinguish between sectional interest groups and public interest groups?
2. Give one example of public interest group?
3. What is public welfare groups?
4. In what ways do pressure groups and movements exert influence on politics.
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.
To get study material, exam alerts and news, join our Whatsapp Channel.