Class 10 Social Science Water Resources – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Water Resources. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Water Resources.
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Water Resources
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Social Science Water Resources
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Water Resources from this article.
Hydraulic Structure in Ancient India
- In the first century B.C. Sringaverapura near Allahabad had sophisticated water harvesting system channeling the flood water of the river Ganga.
- During the time of Chandragupta Mauriya, dams lakes and irrigation systems were extensively built.
- Evidences of sophisticated irrigation works have also been found in Kalinga, Nagarjuna Konda, Bennur, Kohlapur etc.
- In 11th century, Bhopal lake, one of the larest artificial lakes of its time was built.
- In 14th century, the tank of Hauz Khas, Delhi, was constructed by Iltutmish for supplying water of Siri Fort area.
- A dam is a barrier across flowing water that obstructs, directs or retards the flow, often creating a reservoir, lake or impoundment.
- Classification of dams according to structure, intended purpose or height.
- Based on structure or material used, dams are classified as timber dams, embankment dams or masonry dams, with several sub-types.
- According to the height dams can be categories as large dams and major dams or alternatively as low dams, medium height dams and high dams.
Rain Water Harvesting
- In hill and mountainous regions, people built diversion channels like the ‘guls’ or ‘kuls’ of the western Himalayas for agriculture.
- Rooftop rain water harvesting was commonly practiced to store drinking water, in Rajasthan.
- In the flood plains of Bengal, people developed inundation channels to irrigate their fields.
- In arid and semi arid regions, agricultural fields were converted into rain fed storage structures that allowed the water to stand and moisten the soil like the ‘khadins’ in Jaisalmer and ‘Johads’ in other parts of Rajasthan.
- Tankas – underground tanks ro tankas for storing drinking water.
- In Bikaner, phalodi and Barmer.
- The tanks could be as large as a big room.
- Roof top rainwater harvesting as drinking water
- The first spell of rain was usually not collected as this would clean the roofs and the pipes.
- Rain water called as Palar Pani.
- Many houses constructed underground rooms adjoining the ‘tankas’ to beat the summer heat as it would keep the room cool.
– Some houses still maintain the tanks since they do not like the taste of tap water.
– In Gendathur, a remote backward village in Mysore, Karnataka, villagers have installed, in their house hold’s roof top, rainwater harvesting system to meet their water needs.
1. Describe the Hydraulic structures made in ancient India?
2. What is dam? On which bases down are categorized?
3. What are the methods of rain water harvesting?
4. In which parts of India ‘Guls’ or ‘Kuls’ are found?
5. What are the methods of rain water harvesting in Rajasthan?
6. What is Tank? Where and why these are constructed?
7. Why first spell of rain was not collected?%MCEPASTEBIN%
8. Why underground rooms were constructed along with Tankas?
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.
To get study material, exam alerts and news, join our Whatsapp Channel.